The Forest (1982)/new member

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by MoonGirl84, Nov 17, 2010.

1. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

Hello, I'm MoonGirl, I don't know where else to go to introduce myself, so thought I'd introduce myself on my very first post/thread.

Has anyone seen the Forest from 1982? I've just ordered this film along with some others I shall mention soon. There are so many great gems to name that I either own, or have on order. But I'll just take it one thing at a time and start with this movie. :)

I've been a fan of mostly obscure movies since the Drive-in and video rental era. So hope to talk movies with some of you who dig these movies too!:glasses:

Attached Files:

2. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Eeek! First off, welcome to the boards. Secondly, you've picked a pretty piss-poor film to start off with lol. I was like you and couldn't wait to see it. Boy was I ever disappointed. It's just so poorly filmed and devoid of ANY tension or even fun. It's not even bad in a good way. It's just jaw-droppingly inept. I would actually go so far as to say "Don't Go In The Woods" is more entertaining than this turd. To each his own, though, and you may find something in it you like.

You have been warned!

3. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

You have to admit, The Forest does have some good original artwork. When I first saw this one, I wasn't sure what to think. But it kinda grew on me over the years. I mentioned this one first as I have it first on order.

4. rhett

rhett Administrator

"What're you, crazy!?"

"OF COURSE I AM!!!!!!"

Haha, I still laugh when I think about THE FOREST. Again, welcome to the boards, but try to do searches before you start new topics because a movie like THE FOREST (and most other slashers on this board) already have their own thread in this sub-forum. I'll direct you here:

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=26418&highlight=forest

We'll keep this as its own thread since it's also kind of a new member thread. Have fun!

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I kinda like The Forest :)

Welcome to insanity land MoonChaCha!

6. springjack

springjack New Member

I second that. At least it?s a fun and cheese movie for what it is...

Welcome to the forums.
    ________
    N PLATFORM

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  7. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Welcome to the forums, MoonGirl84! Personally, The Forest wasn't that great in my books. Don't Go in the Woods is where it's at!

But also wanted to also re-itererate what Rhett mentioned about, as he linked to a previous thread already discussing The Forest: http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=26418

Since you're a new member to the forum, just to keep old threads going and to cut down on duplicate threads on the same topic or movie, always double-check with the "Search" function to see if a thread exists, and then if so, contribute to the old thread instead of starting a whole new one! :)

The "Search" function is on the blue menu bar at the top of the page near the right-hand side. Or just use this handy link: http://www.horrordigital.com/vb3forum/search.php And don't be discouraged to go through the pages once your search pops up, as there usually is only a few pages of threads to go through. So remember, Search is your friend!

Cheers, and again, welcome aboard!

8. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I know a lot of you guys always hated The Forest but I kinda dig it. I don't know, I think it having a lot of daytime scenes helps. There's not enough of that in slashers.

9. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

I got my copy of The Forest just as I logged in. I'm looking forward to watching this one tonight. I don't know what there isn't to like about it. It has a ghost tale, decent outdoor/woodsy footage, cheesy quotes, and funny synths.

10. springjack

springjack New Member

If you like a cheesy bad movie then you?re right at home.

I kinda like the forest.
    ________
    Vaporite Solo

11. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

I say let's all have a cheese-fest night right here tonight!

who's in? :D any hands raised?

If anyone here has The Forest either on DVD or VHS, since a lot of you like this gem, and since I got my copy tonight, let's all sync it up and watch this muther tonight! :D

12. springjack

springjack New Member

Night in your country means Dawn in others...
    ________
    Ur Engine

13. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

Who says you have watch this at Night??!!:D

C'mon, we all have to sync this!

Last night, I actually had this movie playing as I logged in, I was hoping someone would say they had it playing!

I'll give you guys one more chance! :D

14. springjack

springjack New Member

I wish I could have done that... had to work today. :D
    ________
    Shower tubes

15. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I just recently picked this one up for $10. Figured since it is OOP better grab it while I can. I have never seen it, but have heard it is very very bad. Don't know if I'm in any rush to watch it right now though. Taking a bit of a break from horror after Oct., and watching flicks that I have been wanting to watch for a while now.

16. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

had to work huh?

Well, What about bringing a portable DVD to work!? :D

17. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

Yeah, I get like that sometimes, I take a break from certain types of horror. I guess I never get tired of the obscure ones. I also like obscure wild comedies from the late 70's to early 80's, like Loose Screws, Hollywood Hottubs, and Snowballing!

18. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

Last call for The Forest

I know someone somewhere is watching a movie tonight! Perhaps you don't know what to watch, and you happen to own The Forest! Well, it is Saturday night after all. It's dusk right now, and I'll be up watching this on and off til dawn.

Anyone?

19. springjack

springjack New Member

Can?t do that.

Let?s say that If I?m distracted in my work then you guys don?t have any good suplements for your horror releases.
    ________
    TOYS MOVIE

20. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

Ive owned this movie for a couple months now and just watched it tonight.It wasn't as bad as people play it out to be.It was fun, in a Don't go into the woods alone sorta way.Im glad Code Red releases these types of films and I'm sad to see them go.The Forest is fun, oh I forgot to say I had a few beers in me so that may have made the movie better.HAHA

Sean