The Final Terror (1982)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 19, 2008.

1. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Another film i want to see, I've heard some good things about it "good backwoods slasher..." and bad things "really boring"

how is The Final Terror???
    how gory?? (i love gore!)

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I like this flick a lot, plus the cast is pretty cool as well. I think the atmosphere is probably the best past of the movie. The gore is somewhat minimal from what I recall - a lot of dark shots (remininscent of Humongous from that point of view), but there is some.

The big issue, however, is the DVD release. It's pretty much a crappy VHS transfer. You might be better off tracking down a copy of the VHS transferring it yourself if you like that kinda thing.

If you like the backwoods slashers from th 80's, there's really no reason to pass this one up. Enjoy!

3. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

is there any extras on the DVD??

and is this anything like Just Before Dawn (that is one of my all time fave slashers)

4. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

No extras at all - just a scene selection.

Very similar to Just Before Dawn, but there's more mystery to who the maniac(s) are. You'll probably like it.

5. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I liked it when I was young, not sure if it still holds up.

6. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I love slashers, and backwoods/camp slashers are awesome, but I didn't like this as much as I had hoped. The fact that no good transfer exists cannot help but contribute to a less than satisfying viewing experience, but the film itself has some problems. The biggest problem is probably the resolution to the plot. Not only is that huge booby trap unlikely, it also causes the movie to end way to abruptly, cutting the tension off rather than releasing it.

I will say that liked the killer's appearance, and Darryl Hannah and Adrian Zmed were great. And if nothing else, at least it was better than The Forest.

7. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I first saw this when it was on HBO in my early teens...and have to say at the time I found it quite boring...mostly becuase of the very low body count and lack of gore. I was expecting it to be more of a Madman/The Burning/Friday the 13th type campers get slashed movie, which it really is not.
    I revisited a few years ago when I found a sealed original Vestron VHS for a dollar that I could not pass up...and I got alot more enjoyment out of it this time around. Not great, but there are worse ways to spend your time.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

9. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Quite liked this one. Lots of great atmosphere, and since gore doesn't matter too much to me, the limited amount in this film didn't bother me. Darryl Hannah looked great too. Absolutely loved the bus scene and the camouflage scene.

Only complaint was that it was too dark in some of the scenes and hard to make out what was going on. Code Red needs to get their hands on this one for sure.