The Empty Man - October 23rd

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Oct 18, 2020.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

With most of the major movies having fled their 2020 theatrical slots, 20th Century Studios (formerly 20th Century Fox) announced a wide theatrical release of their horror film The Empty Man last Friday... just 7 days before the movie hits theaters on October 23rd!

Kind of last minute, but with Halloween Kills and Candyman having fled their October release dates, this October was looking pretty empty in terms of theatrical releases (for obvious reasons).

Pretty crazy to not even have a trailer from a major studio until one week before it's released, but these are the times we live in.

As for the movie, it looks like a mix of My Soul To Take and The Bye Bye Man.

After a group of teens from a small Midwestern town begin to mysteriously disappear, the locals believe it is the work of an urban legend known as The Empty Man. As a retired cop investigates and struggles to make sense of the stories, he discovers a secretive group and their attempts to summon a horrific, mystical entity, and soon his life—and the lives of those close to him—are in grave danger.

2. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Holy shit, two of the WORST movies of the last 10 years.

3. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I am absolutely salivating to get back into a theater. I checked my local listings......saw this one is out. 137 minutes long! Gawwwllee, no thanks.

CPT HOOK likes this.
  4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I was tempted as well, but that running time is a big fat NOPE.

It's not playing here, but Synchronic is supposed to be in theaters this weekend. Supposed to be pretty cool, directors of The Endless and Spring. If you see that playing nearby, it could be worth a shot?

I'm thinking Freaky will be the movie that gets me back in theaters, but we'll see how the world looks by then.

Natas likes this.
  5. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

"The Call" looks promising enough to catch. Tobin Bell and Lin Shaye.....running time of 90 minutes roughly. Takes place in the late 80s..."prank goes wrong". We'll see.