The Dorm That Dripped Blood

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Hellbilly, Jul 27, 2003.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Used to have this one on VHS. I really didn't like it all that much, so ended up selling it a couple years back.

2. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

I liked the music alot in this movie!

3. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I love this movie and it was called "Pranks" in Canada when it was first released. I noticed that the aspect ratio of the DVD is 1.33:1. Does anyone know if it's Pan and Scan or Open Matte?

4. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

okay now i really want to see this...

5. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

When I originally saw this in high school, I did not like it all that much...but like so many of the "lesser slashers" of the era it has grown on me quite a bit. I kind of wish I had hung on to my VHS...but truthfully I didn't know the film well enough to notice the missing footage on the DVD. I have a great looking one sheet for the film, under the Pranks title...with the bloody baseball bat...totally different art than either the vhs or dvd.

6. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

I have always liked The Dorm That Dripped Blood quite alot. While not one of my all time Favorite Slasher Films, I have come to like it more and more. I have always loved Daphne Zuniga from Melrose Place!! She is Great in both this Film and The Initiation, although the latter Film is the better of the two and one of my all time Favorite Slasher Films!! The Dorm That Dripped Blood was one of those 'Hard To Find' Horror Movies that has a special place in my collection. I love my Media VHS of the Film!! The Cover Art was always pretty cool as well!!

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I initially watched this movie as "Pranks" on DVD and was not impressed at all. After reading all the hoopajoop about the Media VHS being uncut and much better for overall viewing pleasure, I procured a copy for about $2. Still have yet to watch it again.

8. gore

gore Guest

Let me know how that goes. I got the "pranks" dvd too and it was pretty boring.

9. streetlight

streetlight Member

I love this movie, overall it's spooky, and the school is dark, slimy, and grimy. I still remember buying it for $3 about 9 years ago at a VHS store and the title caught my eye. Then last summer I bought another copy at a store selling off its VHS.

The beginning of the movie is unbelievably good, but the rest of the film doesn't live up to this brilliance. I must say it is still a great slasher in my opinion...
    the spiked baseball bat whack to Daphne's father's head is awesomely realistic. then a few minutes later the killer strangles her mom in the car. THEN after Daphne faints, the killer drives over her body a couple times, with blood splashing from her legs everywhere. Classic. BUY THE MEDIA VHS!!!

10. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

The princess from Spaceballs.