The Curse (1987) coming to DVD 9/11!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by RickB, Aug 11, 2007.

1. RickB

RickB New Member

Amazon.com has the original Wil Wheaton 80's film The Curse coming on DVD in Sept (region 1) it will be a double feature that also includes The Curse 2.
    I have been waiting for this one. Now I'm just wanting The Stepfather and Slaughter High to be announced...I have to admit if someone had told me 10 years ago a great film like The Stepfather would take this long to see a DVD release I would have laughed. WTF is the hold up on this one?

2. VincentPrice

VincentPrice New Member

Man, September 11th is gonna be a very big day for Horror fans.

A very broke day, too.

3. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Cool news! I missed out on the Amazon exclusive video of The Bite. I've given up on a R1 DVD of The Stepfather. A rights issue, perhaps? There's a nice PAL DVD from Marketing Film. It's the way to go if you're region free. Slaughter High would be perfect for CodeRed.

4. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

CURSE 2 THE BITE had 2 versions on DVD, R and unrated, wonder which version they will use.

5. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

[​IMG]

(Someone looked at Blair Witch 2's cover art one too many times)

6. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

As usual, the cover blows but I'll probably pick this up cuz I remember these being solid 80's fun. Where's Video Dead dammit!

7. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I have never heard of, nor seen, either one of these. Time for some rentin'...

8. Dbone

Dbone Guest

i just watched The Curse VHS this past week. A decent flick. I miss Media Home Entertainment, what a fun opening logo.

Also... This movie was directed by the guy who played Matt Murdock's dad in Daredevil, ya know, the Patrick Swayze look-a-like. HA!

9. DrHerbertWest

I Google'd these movies for a review (I've never seen them or heard about them) and on page 2 of the search results, up pops this thread!

Any one have anything to say about these?

10. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Curse II - The Bite is so awesome... so so very awesome... good fx work... just... awesome...

11. geeare

geeare Guest

very cool. any word on Deadly Blessing?

12. Lenny

Lenny New Member

Why is the curse 2 full screen?Are they all fullscreen for curse 2? Curse 1 is widescreen?What gives

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I think Curse 2 was basically made for Video/TV and never had an actual theatrical release. It looks open matte on the DVD.

14. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

believe it or not I actually went to go see the Curse when it was 1st released as a kid, so I will be getting this :)

15. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

i watched the new THE CURSE DVD last night. presented Anamorphic 1.85. the transfer is nice, although a bit grainy at times. the film felt more italian then ever, especially the music score. i've always liked this film, and this new DVD brought back some good, late 80's memories.

CURSE 2 the Bite is presented full frame (!?) and the package says R rated. i have nothing to compare it too, so hopefully someone on this message board can confim if it is indeed the R rated or perhaps mistakenly the UNRATED version.

16. DrHerbertWest

Got the urge to buy these flat out the other day and I watched them back to back yesterday. The first film had a lot of weird little moments that I enjoyed but the sequel just kind of fell flat for me. Sure, it was cheesy but it just... still fell kind of flat.

17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

anyone know what stores if any have this for sale

18. Curt Duncan

Curt Duncan Guest

Bought mine at Future Shop (Canada). Check Best Buy.

19. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

just watched CURSE 2 : The Bite. running time 97.47. im pretty certain this is the UNRATED edition. all the special effects seemed intact. No music cuts or abrubt edits. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been over 15 years since i watched the Unrated VHS but this appears to be identical to what i remember. The full screen image is open matted. No picture information is lost on the sides. I used the zoom on my widescreen TV and the image was matted at 1.85 and looked fine. Too bad the film takes so long to get going and the payoff really isn't worth it. Though as a second feature to THE CURSE it was entertaining enough. I'm completely satisfied with this DVD double feature.

20. Lenny

Lenny New Member

I have the vhs unrated Curse 2 and it is unrated just like the dvd..I met j.eddie peck years ago and asked him about curse 2 he was glad i asked cause he was here in toronto promoting the the soap opera the young and the restless.I was with a friend who does security... He was kinda happy that someone asked him about the movie instead of the dumbass old and useless soap..He said doin the movie was really cool..He was nice on the eyes too.. :)