The Banana Splits Movie (2019)

Discussion in 'General' started by baggio, Jun 14, 2019.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

It's was ok, quite gory, not as good as I was hoping, but probably about as good as I was expecting.

fceurich39 likes this.
  2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Keeping in mind that this was made for SyFy / the direct-to-video market, I thought this was fun enough. It definitely reminded me of a '90s straight-to-video movie. It's silly, fun, fast-paced, but not especially substantial. A majority of the movie is studio interiors, which can get a bit repetitive and dry to look at. Some of the family drama was a bit eye-rolling, but the real star of the movie is Naledi Majola, who will hopefully make the break into bigger movies. Of this little wave of direct-to-disc Warner / SyFy collaborations (the others being Deep Blue Sea 2 and Critters Attack!), The Banana Splits Movie is by far the best.

fceurich39 likes this.
  4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

If anyone missed The Banana Splits Movie on disc or digital, it will be airing on the SyFy Channel on Saturday, October 12th at 9:00PM.

SyFy usually airs original horror movies on the weekends in October, but this year they are just airing The Banana Splits Movie and Critters Attack and calling it a day. No new SyFy Originals this Halloween.