THE AMITYVILLE HORROR TRILOGY from Shout Factory 10/1

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by bruce h, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I love things about ghosts and hauntings, but the reality "Ghost TV" shit I've seen before is some of the most boring, insulting, unprofessional shit that I've ever witnessed. But more than anything else... BORING.

"Skeptics" have a logical right to go wild on that lame shit.

2. Spacetraveler

Spacetraveler Member

When is Amityville Asylum coming out in the US?

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I completely agree about those shows like Ghost Hunters and whatever. They're SO BORING!

However, I LOVE the show Paranormal State on A&E. It's just so over-the-top, and some of them are even creepy. If you're looking for legitimacy, don't bother. But if you want to see entertaining ghost stories, definitely check this show out. Many of the episodes are way more effective than the crappy ghost movies littering screens these days.

However, I will say that it falls under the insulting and unprofessional category. They'll hear a floorboard creak, and say "That's a demon, we have to get out of here before it kills us all!" But if you treat it as fiction, the show is incredibly entertaining.

4. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I know that these are not "good" movies but they hold a place in my heart. Plus, the only versions I have are the R2 DVDs so this will help me to ditch my old DVD player--now if I can just get that PHANTASM box set on blu ray I'd be set.

6. marcx

marcx Active Member

I picked the set up over the weekend and watched amitville 3D last night--Folks the 3D worked great. Granted this is not avatar but it worked way better than I expected--the film is nothing to write home about as we all know but it was goof fun to watch in 3D

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

This set is pretty expensive imo. It should be no higher than $33. One place has it for $41 but most are over $50.

The Howling set (although it's part 3,4,5) is about $13

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I don't disagree that the Amityville set may be overpriced, but in what way is the Howling set a good barometer for it's pricing?

The Howling set (actually parts 3, 5 and 6) is 3 films are on a single 25 GB Blu-Ray. All three films are upconverted from SD sources to 1080i. Howling III: The Marsupials is cropped from 1.85:1 to 1.33:1 while the other two films are in their appropriate 1.33:1 aspect ratio as they were DTV. Dolby Digital 2.0 audio across the board and no extras for any of the films. There's a reason that set is priced so low.

:confused:

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I ordered this off amazon.ca and I have to admit I'm a little pissed. I placed the order weeks ago and today was release date (and it's in stock) and my set didn't even ship! It still says "Shipping Soon". Not only am I not getting it on release day but it didn't even ship on release day! I'm not one to bitch about this sort of stuff but come on, that's bullshit. It has an estimated arrival of "Tuesday October 8". What the fuck. Seriously.

~Matt

10. Drinkinstein

Drinkinstein Member

Do you have prime? I do, and my set shipped yesterday and arrived today in Kitchener most likely from the exact same warehouse yours is coming from. (Mississauga)

11. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with my Prince of Darkness BD. last tuesday came and went and it was still "shipping soon". I sent an email on thursday to ask why it hadn't shipped (also to complain that they had, once again, neglected to properly adjust the price after it dropped - people need to keep an eye on this shit, this is the third time in the last 6 months this has happened). they got back to me the same day and said that something had happened to screw up the automatic shipping, and that they were sending it out that day. they adjusted the price, and also promoted the shipping speed to 2-day expedited at no extra charge (not much of a big deal, since i always receive it a day or two after shipping anyway). it arrived yesterday.

12. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

This boxset is indeed way too expensive. I pre-ordered it and watched it on a weekly basis hoping it would come down in price...nope $60 all the way through. I cancelled it before Amazon was able to start shipping.

I really only want it for the sequel and Sean Clark's Horror's Hallowed Grounds.

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It was $48.98 on Amazon when the pre-order first went up. I usually try to get 'em ordered early for the standard 30% off pre-order price...because they can go back up in price quickly.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  14. CPT HOOK

I really only want Amityville 2: The Possession. That's the only good Amityville movie anyway. I have the MGM blu-ray of the first movie, but I really don't even watch it that often.

I think $25 is my price point for this. Maybe $30.

15. thing

thing Well-Known Member

16. CPT HOOK

So, this is weird.

The set turned up as a "Groupon" (whatever that means) for $34.99.

Not the kind of thing you expect from Groupon, which I had always thought was discounted giftcards and what not?

Groupon: The Amityville Horror Collection

17. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Wow that's a good deal!!

18. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend Groupon as a safe/trustworthy site? That Vincent Price collection is a good deal ($39.99) but I don't know anything about the company. Sounds like one of those hipster startups and they don't take paypal.

19. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

20. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Sounds more like issues for people that actually bought coupons, not products though. I bought a Groupon once, I think for Amazon and it worked out great. It actually has tax too so the total would be $37.21. I dunno, I guess the problem is God forbid your item doesn't show or is broken you may have to jump through some hoops. Use Amex which allows you dispute shit up to 3 months.