Texas Chainsaw Massacre Reboot coming from 'Don't Breathe' Director.

Discussion in 'General' started by hots4, Sep 23, 2019.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I love the chainsaw world and loved the Evil Dead remake, but I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, details below:

The film was a huge success, earning over $30 million at the box office, partly down to an ongoing controversy around the release.

It was initially banned in Britain and Australia, and was banned at various times in Brazil, Chile, Finland, France, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Singapore, Sweden and West Germany.

Seven sequels and spin-offs have been released thus far, the most recent being 2017's Leatherface.

The new reboot will be overseen by Alvarez, who will be tasked with giving the series a similar reboot to the huge success that Universal Pictures have seen with Halloween.

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

So this will be the second reboot. Just what we all need.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

To be fair, this series was never one for continuity. 2, 3, 4, and 3D are all direct sequels to the original that ignore all previous sequels.

Plus, the last remake and it's prequel are basically just slasher movies where hot people are chased around by a slasher with a chainsaw.

I've yet to dislike a TCM movie, although the last two were pushing it. Give me a fun chainsaw-weilding slasher movie and I'll be happy.

That said, I found both of Fede's films to be a bore with poorly written / unlikable characters. Hopefully he's not writing the script.

maskull and fceurich39 like this.
  4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not against another TCM film. Just don't understand the need to do the original again for the second time. I like them all actually. Even the first remake.

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

My favorite Chainsaw movies in order are
    The beginning 2006
    Leatherface 1990 TCM III
    2003 Remake
    Part 2 1986
    Texas Chainsaw 3D 2013
    Leatherface 2017
    TCM next generation 1994

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I've seen a few articles now that say this is actually going to be another sequel type reboot.

I'm in for a good one but the last few have not been that.

7. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yeah I haven't exactly loved any of Fede's movies so far but I have been pretty happy with the TCM movies recently so I'm looking forward to a new one.

8. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I'm not crazy about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies. I know I saw the original. I just remember that dinner table scene was pretty messed up. I think it really felt like a dark indie type horror movie. I also kind of remember the ending with the guy and the sunset I think.

I'm really not fond of backwoods type horror movies. Maybe it's because I believe the country should be a safe place and not something worse than the Wild West. So the idea of stumbling upon some uneducated, redneck, hick type, inbred thing doesn't really excite me.

I did see the remake though and thought it wasn't that good. I believe it was one of those movies by the same people that remade Friday the 13th. Same sort of look and characters. I saw the prequel as well which I thought was more of the same. I do have the 3D version on my list to still see. But perhaps that's just because Alexandra Daddario is in it.

I am curious about this new version as I do kind of like the Evil Dead remake. But I think I saw the remake before the original. But the remake has some great scenes like that High Water bridge shot, the there is someone in this room scene, the scene with the glasses guy and the book. It's funny too how one of the Dark Discussions guy noted how one of the main characters goes around duck taping people. The movie is one my list to possibly own one day.

Don't Breathe was kind of ok. I too remember not liking the characters. I think I posted a review of that one here. I know I didn't like the opening which spoiled some of the movie's future events. That basement scene is really messed up though.

You never know, perhaps this guy will finally make a Texas Chainsaw Massacre that I want to own.