Texas Chainsaw 3D Blu-ray/dvd on may 14th and it is packed

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Feb 27, 2013.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yep also why didn't we get that footage on the Blu-ray over 30 minutes worth I was hoping it would appear online or something?????????????

2. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

I don't think PD will let it out. Would obviously make their decisions look idiotic.

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I think it's right there at the bottom of the barrel with Nightmare redo, but I think Friday remake and the 2 Plat Dune TCM's are far better. I even watched The Beginning again last night cuz I was so let down by the new one. Maybe it was worse cuz I watched TCM 74 before the new shit?

Re-watched Friday last week too, love everything about that except "trapper Jason" and "keep a bitch Jason".;)

Hooper's sequel is far from a sequel to me, it's an alternate comical universe!:lol: I love/like all Chainsaws except this and Next Generation. Part 3/Leatherface is bad, but has a charm to it this didn't.

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

this movie though defines a love/hate it horror film I never seen so many people enjoy/like this and hate it so much at the sametime lol!

5. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I like it more than the PD remake but not the prequel. Love the prequel. A mean spirited slasher film.

TC3D is a lot of dumb fun, though. Reminds me of the slasher sequels released in the later 80's like Halloween 5, NOES 5, F13th 8 etc.

6. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I watched the Canadian Blu-Ray and can't really comment about the cut vs. uncut debate, I just lack the patience and attention span to devote time to a possible missing thirty seconds.
    I still like the film as much as when I saw it in theaters, I think the various flaws imbue it with a comical charm that borders on parody at times, but it worked for me.
    The extras were quite fascinating, though I must wonder why they did not use the alternate opening as I found it far superior to the one in the film.
    The behind the scenes stuff was pretty cool. I enjoyed the Bill Moseley and Gunnar Hansen bits, however I did not find Tania Raymonde too endearing her 'period' and 'tampon' comment was juvenile and ditzy I guess like in the movie she's pretty much a nice ass and a great pair of legs. Disappointing, not that there's anything wrong with it.
    I also learned Trey Songs is a rapper, shows how much I know of the genre, he does remind me of that asshole Chris Brown though he was not terrible in this film admittedly.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  7. Anthropophagus

Exactly!!

8. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Anthropophagus easy way to tell if uncut, when the major drops into the grinder, is the camera locked on him as he slides down (uncut), or does it cut away to one of the characters as he slides down (cut)?

9. Anthropophagus

I'm going to check now, be right back.
    EDIT: According to the criteria you mentioned, this is indeed the cut version with the cut away during the scene of sliding down. Kinda sucks, but still like the film.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  10. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

thanks for checking, shame it's not uncut but expected.

11. MisterTwister

12. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

I've checked my disc twice, the footage in the unrated version isn't in the released version.

The cuts are so minimal I think you may be thinking it's there, but it's not there in it's entirety. Watch the unrated version compared to the rated side by side, in the rated version in the final scene - you see his left wrist already cut, in the unrated, you see him cut through it. Him also being chopped up is longer and doesn't cut to the cop as soon as it does.

Again, I think it's more that these cuts are so minor, it doesn't look or appear cut - but I can assure everyone, it is.

13. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

I rented the DVD from the Redbox, so it was the R-rated cut of the movie. Even in its cut form the movie was plenty bloody. I wouldn't mind seeing the uncut footage, but it wont change my opinion of the movie, which is.. an entertaining and fresh spin on the TCM legacy. But I felt it was very slick, which isn't a good thing for a TCM movie. If i would rate the original classic a 10 then i would have to give this new sequel a 5.5 - worth a rental.

14. MisterTwister

Well Movie Censorship still screwed up with the title sequence. The title sequence listed as the UNRATED version is the same thing in the theatrical cut and DVD & Blu.

If these cuts are so minor I don't get why Lionsgate didn't put it on disc.

15. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

Doesn't make any sense to me either. But it is what it is for the time being. The Canadian release even has a different title card calling the film THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3D, instead of just TEXAS CHAINSAW. Weird isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foynUKRQ4aA&feature=youtu.be

16. MisterTwister

Watched the alternate opening.

The sequence of events is slightly changed with Drayton yellin at Leatherface happening as the Sheriff is approaching the house. Also there's a nice shot of the trucker from the original hanging from the meat hook. Fairly quick shot and it would've been nice to see it in the final cut (doesn't make since that it was cut, great nod to the original)

There's also a quick shot of Leatherface cleaning up some blood on the floor.

About it.

17. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

Thanks for checking and comparing the two cuts. You pretty much cleared it up for me. Four or five seconds of extra gore still can't save this film though. Seriously, the only thing that kept me watching was the lead actress in the film. She's very :sperm:

18. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Pretty good, and better than the last few entries. If only she had read her grandmother's note.....

19. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I went into Texas Chainsaw with an open mind, but I don't think the term "stupid" even begins to describe this movie..."downright absurd" sounds more fitting.

It's as if the writers threw out logic in every sense of the word completely out the window. I mean, the whole movie is so absurd and completely implausible right from the opening scene. Where the hell did all these family members come from?

I know this is just a sequel in a beloved slasher franchise, but c'mon, this was just absolutely insulting to think this is what passes as a Hollywood horror screen play these days. It's as if no effort at all was made towards making even a lick of sense.

And I don't know why you guys are bitching about this being cut/uncut. I've seen the "meat grinder" scene and all it is, is laughably bad CG...it looks like some dated 90's video game graphics. I'd actually prefer that being cut out.

I gotta check out the Tobe Hooper commentary track, there is no way he lets this film get called a direct sequel to the original.

20. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Oh yeah...and I forgot...."do your thing Cuz."

BBBBBHAHAHAAHAHAHAhhahahahahaha....!!