TerrorVision and Queen of Blood on SHO and FLIX

Discussion in 'General' started by Devo1313, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

For the eager fans among us thre are several rare showing of horror flicks on various pay channels(which I'm getting for free right now) such as TerrorVision,Queen of Blood,Night of the Comet,etc.
    Let's hope they keep it up.

2. VincentPrice

VincentPrice New Member

This is why I've always shelled out the $150 for all of the premium movie channels, you never know what kind of great stuff you're gonna get.

Without them, I would never have seen movies like The Burning uncut or The Town That Dreaded Sundown.

By the way, what channel is Terrorvision on?!

3. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I have to say I am very impressed by showtime- they show some great horror flicks new and old on the channels that come with their packge- even throw in some great asian stuff like ichi the killer- you get sundance with the showtime package - then the great new serial killer series "Dexter" and the Masters of Horror Series- It is the only premium movie package I have ever gotten that I must say I have been very happy with- and I still hate HBO for stopping Carnivale after just 2 seasons

4. Spacevis

Spacevis Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can get a custom DVD cover for TerrorVision? I've recorded this from a HD channel and would like to have a neat case to go with it :)

5. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

I have the R2 of Queen of Blood. It's..... interesting.... :D

6. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Yeah, I was over my sister's house a few months back and caught Terrorvision on Showtime. I had Showtime for about 6 months, and never really cared for it, but sometimes they show a rare gem. They do have a Showtime station that specializes in horror/scifi/anime called Showtime Beyond and that is pretty good, though they repeat the same programming too often.

7. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

if they'd only change things up more often, way too many Roger Corman Presents flicks like Alien Avengers 1 and 2 clogging the airways.

8. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Terrorvision is so great. The guiltiest of pleasures.

9. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Holy tomato!

I saw Terrorvision on Netflix tonight and man, that movie ruled! Sure, it's not a masterpiece but there was so much about it that it got right. The surreal 80's/arty/sexual/yuppie set pieces, the tongue in cheek stereotypical 80's characters, the oddball humor (random swinger parents.... wtf?), and the awesome special effects. It's a totally self aware schlock fest and it needs a decent DVD release at the very least.

I'm pretty sure it was just added to Netflix recently, so check this gem out.