Synapse Films: Titles Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn Francis, Dec 29, 2010.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

My bad, I should have added blu-ray after the title. Personally, that's everything I look for in a blu-ray review. Screengrabs, extras, technical info, etc. I don't need a movie review of Hot Dog: The Movie, lol.

Much more interesting to me than junk like WhySoBlu, which doesn't even include accurate blu-ray screengrabs.

zbinks likes this.
  2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Katatonia likes this.
  3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

4. Katatonia

From Facebook:

***TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD UPDATE***

“Coming to Special Edition Blu-ray and DVD later in 2020! Synapse Films is working on a beautiful new high-definition restoration of Amando de Ossorio's 1972 horror classic, TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD! More details to come later this year, but we wanted to upload this little treat for you all now. We'll be presenting the full uncut version of the film on home video as well as the U.S. version.”

Dobby and gobad2003 like this.
  5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Interesting because they confirmed it already a few months ago and indicated a April 2020 release. This more general statement seems to be walking that back. And to a degree I wonder what they're still working on as they've already presented a restored screening; presumably with a satisfactory master. Extras holding it up perhaps?

And no mention of a Steelbook nor UHD? They almost seem to be responding to my UHD statement in the Shout thread. :p

6. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

Any news on The Kindred, Lemora, or The Deadly Spawn ? I’ve really been looking forward to those for a long time.

7. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

8. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Katatonia likes this.
  9. Katatonia

Got mine earlier today from Bullmoose. :) I'm definitely watching it in just a bit!

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Same here. My order of Hotdog Blu should be here tomorrow.

11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

[​IMG]

A 3-DISC (1 BLU-RAY, 1 DVD & 1 CD) LIMITED STEELBOOK™ EDITION OF JORGE GRAU’S HORROR CLASSIC! ONLY 6000 UNITS PRODUCED!

“This is one my favourite zombie films of them all; a genuinely chilling UK set horror…” – Edgar Wright. Director of Baby Driver and Shaun of the Dead

“[A] still-startling nightmare creation that was years ahead of its time.” – Mitch Davis, Fantasia Film Festival

With its revolutionary mix of shocking-for-its-time violence and sociopolitical themes, George A. Romero’s 1968 classic Night of the Living Dead quickly proved to be enormously influential with filmmakers around the world, and few were able to match its power like Jorge Grau’s The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue. Mixing a strong environmental statement with unforgettably terrifying set pieces, Grau’s film stands on its own as a horror classic, and now it’s been restored to its horrifying glory by Synapse Films in an exclusive new Steelbook™ release!

A strange twist of fate brings two young travelers, George (Ray Lovelock, The Cassandra Crossing) and Edna (Christine Galbo, The House That Screamed), to a small town where an experimental agricultural machine may be bringing the dead back to life! As zombies infest the area and attack the living, a bull-headed detective (Academy Award® nominee Arthur Kennedy, Peyton Place) thinks the couple are Satanists responsible for the local killings. George and Edna have to fight for their lives, and prove their innocence, as they try and stop the impending zombie apocalypse!

The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (aka Let Sleeping Corpses Lie and Don’t Open the Window) is a gory horror tale from Spanish director Jorge Grau and widely considered to be one of the best zombie films ever made. Beautifully restored in 4K from the original camera negative, Synapse Films presents the film for the FIRST TIME EVER on Blu-ray with the true original English theatrical mono mix and the real opening and closing credit sequences intact

SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:

• Exclusive new 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative

• New 5.1 English stereo surround remix made exclusively for the Synapse Films release

• Two audio commentaries featuring authors and film scholars Troy Howarth, Nathaniel Thompson and Bruce Holecheck

• Restoration of the true original English language theatrical mono mix

• Jorge Grau – Catalonia’s Cult Film King (89 mins.) – This extensive feature-length documentary explores the life and films of director Jorge Grau (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)

• The Scene of the Crime – Giannetto De Rossi in Discussion from Manchester (16 Mins.) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)

• Giannetto De Rossi – Q&A at the Festival of Fantastic Films, UK (43 Mins) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)

• Theatrical trailer, TV spots and radio spots

• Newly translated removable English SDH subtitles

• Liner notes booklet featuring writing from Spanish film scholar, Dr. Nicholas Schlegel

• Exclusive CD soundtrack of the haunting original score by Giuliano Sorgini

• Exclusive Steelbook™ artwork by Wes Benscoter

Included poster of Wes Benscoter’s amazing Steelbook artwork painting

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/…/living-dead-at-manchester-mo…

[​IMG]

12. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Hard Pass.

And I tell you why. Synapse is already “not at this time”-ing questions about UHD and standard releases. Then they always have a regular release (or now possibly UHD) lined up. It feels like they really want to stick it to collectors knowing we’ll all double dip.

13. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    It sort of worked on me - I have this on DVD already and Blu ray. The only reason I'll buy this is the package - it's a really nice package.

gobad2003 likes this.
  14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Hate steelbooks. Will wait for the regular case.

Copyboy and SilentScreams like this.
  15. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

It's interesting that a title like this is getting a limited release of 6000. That doesn't seem so limited. Vinegar Syndrome has been increasing a lot of their limited releases as well. Kind of kicks the theory that physical media is coming to an end.

hots4 likes this.
  16. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I have to admit I have never seen this- good enough for a blind buy? I do like steelbooks myself

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  17. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Not another steelbook....
    Why not include a UHD? Especially at THAT price.
    Is Synapse the only label, that still includes a damn DVD?

I'll wait for a standard edition.

18. foller

foller Active Member

If the want to include a DVD it should at least be disc 2 from the Blue Underground set because all these extras are missing from this overpriced Synapse edition.

19. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I currently have no plans to purchase this steelbook release at this time.

20. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

It's streaming on Amazon Prime if you have that and want to check it out beforehand. It's an OK movie.

othervoice1 likes this.