Synapse Films: Titles Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn Francis, Dec 29, 2010.

1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I think the film is already on it's second or third domestic distributor (Cult Epics and now Synapse, and I think I had read that Subversive may have had it at one point too) in the DVD/Blu-Ray era and it still hasn't been released. All signs seem to point to Rene Daalder being the main hold-up.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  2. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Subversive was the first that I remember, then Cult Epics announced it (possibly as early as 2008) but dropped in 2014 or 2015 ("Not gonna happen. Ask the producer of the film." was their answer as to why the weren't releasing it after so long. I assume they meant Harold Sobel). Synapse announced it in July of 2015 and looks to be the label that FINALLY gets it over the finish line.

Myron Breck likes this.
  3. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Massacre at Central High is the film I've been waiting for for 13 years.

I will also pick up TAG: The Assassination Game. I had no clue it was even coming!

loutoad23 likes this.
  4. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

YES for Tag the assassination game!!

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Considering how many titles they release a year, that's their coming soon list for the next 25 years!

f.ramses and chancetx like this.
  6. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

A depressing thought! Especially since Tombs of the Blind Dead or Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural aren't even on that list. :eek:

Still, I'll be glad to have Crocodile. I seem to be the only one excited for that one - but that's just because you guys haven't seen it! :D

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Massacre at Central High. LOL. I’ll believe that when I see it. They initially announced that one, what? 5 years ago?

I love Synapse, but I’ll be honest I’m not very excited at all about these announcements considering how long it takes them to put out a single title. They generally do amazing work, and I get that they’re a small operation, but maybe they shouldn’t take on so many titles when they are only capable of releasing like 3 titles a year. The other ones just sit there for years collecting dust when another studio could put them out.

Kudos to them however, for deciding to put Suspiria out on UHD. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

~Matt

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

It's hard for me to get too bent out of shape at a label that gets distracted from long-gestating releases when those distractions are Tombs of the Blind Dead and The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue.

9. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to "Living Dead in Manchester Morgue", "Deadly Spawn" and "The Kindred".
    Would love for them to be released on UHD as well.