Superstation TBS

Discussion in 'General' started by booper71, Sep 11, 2012.

1. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

I had This-TV and they played alot of the Roger Corman classics and some Hammer late at night, however Time-Warner deleted the channel and replaced it with BOUNCE-TV & Me-TV.

2. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Watched lots of TBS horror/T&A flicks and USA Up All Night movies when I was younger. One thing that sticks out in my mind was the hosts. Gilbert Gottfried, Rhonda Shear, Joe Bob Briggs, and I could swear Judy Tenuta but I'm not 100% on that. It was a long time ago, my memory is foggy.

3. kcgaidin

kcgaidin New Member

are these uncut?

4. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

i thought the post said SUPERSITION tbs. at first. ha ha

5. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

Yes, Judy Tenuta and Caroline Schlitz both had brief runs as hosts.

6. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Has anyone mentioned the magic word yet? :

MonsterVision.

7. RJ Fielder

RJ Fielder Member

Ah I always looked forward to Saturday horror flicks when I was a kid. In the morning it was "Super Scary Saturday" on TBS which showed the more "kid-friendly" flicks (60's Godzilla, Gargoyles, Frogs, etc.). At night, it was over to the USA network for "USA Saturday Nightmares" and their gorier and more mature movies (Q, Razorback, Night of the Creeps, etc.). Glad I have practically all those movies to watch on DVD now because TV nowadays just isn't what it used to be.

8. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I'm in Eastern Canada and we never got USA or TNT up here, but TBS showed up around 1992 or so. It's still my favorite network of all time, the stuff on there was just amazing.

Anyone remember Day of the Dinosaurs? Right before the release of Jurassic Park in 1993, TBS had an all-day marathon of dinosaur movies like "The Land That Time Forgot", "Dinosaurus!", "The Last Dinosaur", "At the Earth's Core", some Godzilla flicks, etc. I actually skipped school to tape most of the day.

I remember staying up late and watching "Grizzly" one summer evening, that was just the greatest. Lots of Cannon action flicks, good horror movies, stuff like "Night of the Lepus" , etc. Christmas was always fantastic as well, they'd play all the classic movies and specials.

Plus I even loved the old TV shows that would come on in the morning. When I was home sick, TBS was on all day. They'd even show great old movies in the middle of the afternoon!

There's nothing on TV I miss more than that network.