Supernatural

Discussion in 'General' started by Damed, Sep 19, 2005.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

There are plenty of “good” episodes every season. I said 3 or 4 “outstanding” episodes. And yes, there is bound to be two or three sub par or complete duds in a 23 episode season. Even Seasons 1-5 had a few of those. Honestly I thought Season 1 was generic until about episode 18. If it was any other network it would have been canceled early. I honestly don’t care if you bailed early. Just saying that anybody that stopped watching after Season 5 or 6 missed out on a ton of classic episodes.

2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Well I substituted good for outstanding. I stopped watching Supernatural after Season 7. I watched a few episodes from season 8 or perhaps 9. I can't remember. But from what I saw it was a completely different show. I thought Supernatural during Seasons 1 - 5 was one of the best shows on TV.

3. maybrick

It’s hardly a completely different show, but yeah a few things have changed. If they were doing the exact same things after a decade it would be pretty boring to watch. I doubt that I would still be watching if the song remained the same after all of this time. If you only watch sporadically then it’s difficult to say why you think that it has changed. They try different styles from time to time to mix things up. They’ve been doing that as far back as Season 2 or 3.

4. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I checked the wiki a bit more and I think I watched a few episodes into Season 8 before I stopped watching. So two bad seasons plus a few more episodes before I said enough. Plus a few more episodes from Season 8 and 9. Basically because of a returning character. To me the show was just more humorous and not as dark as originally. The whole tone and look. Originally the show was cool to me because it was two guys driving around at night coming across scary monsters and ghosts. It was a spooky show.

5. maybrick

They still have episodes like that, but again, 15 seasons of nothing BUT that would be pretty damned cookie cutter and monotonous. Even though there is plenty of humor the show is still capable of going to very dark places and delivering emotional gut punches from time to time.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I've seen the first 8 seasons. I'll finish it some day, but I'm in no rush.

Those who say season 5 would have been a great ending are crazy because the final episodes of season 5 are atrocious! Although it would have saved us from season 6, which was near unwatchable! The show started to get back on track a bit towards the end of season 7, and overall I thought season 8 was decent.

Actually, season 8 ended with a pretty cool cliffhanger, so I'm not sure why I've been dragging my feet getting back to it.