SLEEPAWAY CAMP, EVILSPEAK, FINAL EXAM & More from Shout Factory in May 2014

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by bruce h, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's no fault with Amazon UK. The USPS just often sucks with accepting overseas shipments and then actually getting them processed into the mail stream. I even had a package (registered, with tracking) from Russia earlier this year that took nearly 3 months to arrive.

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

So the UK steelbook of Nosferatu was £14.99 on amazon UK last week and I went to buy it today and it's jumped to £22.99. Wtf!? That's $42. Fuck that.

~Matt

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Wow, had no idea that young Peter (or young Angela, however you want to look at it) was played by the older brother of "The Situation" from MTV's Jersey Shore.

5. thing

thing Well-Known Member

6. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

yeah picture looks great, just didn't like this movie. seen a few times and as a horror fan, just couldn't get into it. Filmed in fall of 82. but the blu ray is a real treat.

7. deepred

deepred Member

I just got my copy and was surprised how bright that scene initially is. It's funny because it then switches to the intended darkened look. I wish Scream would have fixed that. You know Synapse would have. :D

8. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Just watched the blu ray. It looks great! My only gripes are, yes, that way-too-bright shot in the doorway (sort of annoying...) and that the framing of the DVD is more to my liking (this appeared to have more head room).

But it's so great to have this in such good quality now. And uncut.

9. Stige

Stige Active Member

Ok I eat my words, Just checked the "scene" and the lighting was Pretty weird on that scene

10. rhett

rhett Administrator

Finally got my Amazon order for SLEEPAWAY CAMP. Haven't had a chance to watch the film yet, but watched the doc last night. It was nice to see a bunch of people back, like Aunt Martha and Judy, and Felissa predictably carries the show and does it with infectious energy. I was a little underwhelmed by the interview quality and construction of the entire doc in general - it was obviously piecemeal from what looks like some Code Red interviews and then some newly shot for this release (Felissa, Jonathan Tiersten). The effects guy, Ed French, was great though, some nice stories and I always thought his work was never really appreciated the way many of his contemporaries' work was from the time. French has done a tone of flicks, I've pretty much never read about him on the internet though in all my years searching horror. Check it. I would have liked to have seen more coverage about SLEEPAWAY's legacy and what makes it such a enduring cult film to this day. They really gloss over the most interesting parts of the film's history in this. A big step down compared to the usual Red Shirt Pictures treatment we've come to expect from SCREAM. Still, very happy to have this finally uncut on a beautifully put together Blu-ray package.

Shame the camp got leveled years ago. Would be amazing to visit today or to at least see some kind of retrospective about it, or a Horror's Hallowed Grounds or something.

YO, ANGELA, WHY YOU SO FUCKED UP!?

11. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

WTF! I had Sleepaway Camp on backorder at Blowitoutahere.com and now it's not even listed on their website. Now it'll probably get canceled:mad: Even Deepdiscount says it's unvailable to order so I guess i'm screwed and I'm not paying Amazon's prices.:fuck:

12. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Sleepaway Camp must have sold really well if it's sold out everywhere. Turned out to be a good bet for Shout Factory.

13. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I assume you've entered the coordinates 43.210190, -73.458560 into Google maps?

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I did a blog post about that a long time ago.

Also did one for the sequels.

15. rhett

rhett Administrator

Thanks for the links and info, guys. Cool to see what's left from above. Do you know where the ball diamond from the film was? I can't really see any base markings or anything anymore...I'm guessing it's on the east side of that road where there's a bit of a pie shaped cutout in the trees and where a white block (possible bleachers) resides today?

LINK FOR THE LAZY: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/28...2!3m1!1s0x89e07f8c95dd244f:0x21d6baba60210f93

16. thing

thing Well-Known Member

17. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, that seems like a pretty glaring mistake. The initial shot is significantly brighter than the following shot, and worse, you can REALLY tell it's Ricky in that first shot. I normally don't get too bent out of shape about exposure in a transfer as long as it is close, but in a case like this, where it's a whodunnit, that's a pretty major continuity detail that is destroyed.

18. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

20. rhett

rhett Administrator

That's some PREDATOR-esque DNR, Scream Factory. Ugly color doesn't help the cause, either.