Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

[​IMG]

New Severin Kids title - WHEN THE WIND BLOWS (1986) - available now for pre-order (releases April 28th, 2020):

https://severin-films.com/shop/wtwb-blu/

“There have been enough post-holocaust nuclear winter films to constitute a genre” says Time Out, “but there has never been anything quite like this.” Three decades after it first shattered audiences worldwide, Severin Kids is proud to present the animated classic about an elderly couple – voiced by Academy Award® winners Sir John Mills and Dame Peggy Ashcroft – attempting to survive the aftermath of a nuclear war. Directed by Jimmy T. Murakami (HEAVY METAL, BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS), adapted by Raymond Briggs from his acclaimed graphic novel, and featuring an original score by Roger Waters with title song by David Bowie, experience what Rock! Shock! Pop! calls “a fascinating achievement in filmmaking, and one that remains timeless more than 30 years after its creation.”

Special Features:
    • Jimmy Murakami: Non Alien – Feature Length Documentary About the Film’s Director
    • The Wind and The Bomb: The Making of WHEN THE WIND BLOWS
    • Audio Commentary with First Assistant Editor Joe Fordham and Film Historian Nick Redman
    • An Interview with Raymond Briggs
    • Protect and Survive: Public Information Film Designed to be Broadcast When a Nuclear Attack Was Imminent
    • Isolated Music and Effects Audio Track
    • Trailers

2. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

This will likely be my first and only Severin Kids purchase. Skipped the Twilight Time release but that won't happen here.

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

https://severin-films.com/shop/strange-vice-blu/

A year before they stunned the genre with ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK, director Sergio Martino, co-writer Ernesto Gastaldi, and stars Edwige Fenech & George Hilton made their collaborative giallo debut with this “incredible piece of cinema” (Flickering Myth) that is “every bit as thrilling as Argento’s best” (Goomba Stomp): Fenech “at her most luminous” (Digitally Obsessed) stars as an unfaithful diplomat’s wife who finds herself hunted by a razor-wielding sex maniac while simultaneously haunted by her own depraved desires. Alberto de Mendoza (HORROR EXPRESS), Cristina Airoldi (TORSO) and Ivan Rassimov (EATEN ALIVE!) co-star in the “daring shocker that set the pace for years to come” (Mondo Digital) – also known as BLADE OF THE RIPPER and NEXT! – newly scanned in 4k from the internegative and loaded with new & archival Special Features.

Special Features:
    • Of Vice and Virtue: Interview with Director Sergio Martino
    • Cold As Ice: Interview with Screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi
    • Vienna Vice: Interview with Actor George Hilton and Italian Genre Historian Antonio Bruschini
    • Archive Interview with Actress Edwige Fenech
    • Introduction by Actor George Hilton
    • Audio Commentary with Kat Ellinger, Author of ‘All The Colors Of Sergio Martino’
    • Trailer
    • CD Soundtrack [Limited to 3000 Units]
    • The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh Comic Book [WEBSTORE EXCLUSIVE]
    https://severin-films.com/shop/spider-island-blu/

Produced in 1960 as BODY IN THE WEB, it became a notorious Adults Only feature throughout Europe (though banned in the UK). Three years later and sheared of its nudity, it was repackaged for American audiences as a brain-melting monster movie filled with stripper catfights, skimpy lingerie and radioactive arachnids. Alexander D’Arcy – whose Hollywood career ranged from Leo McCarey’s THE AWFUL TRUTH to Al Adamson’s BLOOD OF DRACULA’S CASTLE – and ‘The German Jayne Mansfield’ Barbara Valentin (BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ) star in “the ultimate exploitation movie” (PsychotronicReview.com), produced by Wolf C. Hartwig of BLOODY MOON and SCHOOLGIRL REPORT infamy. Severin Films is proud to present both the complete uncensored version – scanned from the Düsseldorf dupe negative – as well as the alternate U.S. release – scanned from a pristine low con print – now together for the first time.

Special Features:
    • Alternate US Release Version: IT’S HOT IN PARADISE
    • The History of Spider Island With Prof. Dr. Marcus Stiglegger
    • Audio Interview with Actor Alexander D’Arcy by Horror Historian David Del Valle
    • Alternate Clothed Scenes
    • Trailer
    • Revisable Artwork
    • Comic Book [WEBSTORE EXCLUSIVE]
    https://severin-films.com/shop/satans-slave-blu/

In 1980, Indonesian exploitation studio Rapi Films and writer/director Sisworo Gautama Putra (PRIMITIVES, THE WARRIOR) unleashed the singular chiller that rocked the Muslim nation, transformed the country’s genre film industry, and remains one of the most influential shockers in Asian horror history: While mourning the death of his mother, a troubled teen discovers a nightmare world of restless spirits, supernatural vengeance and occult terror with “an intense creepiness that stands the test of time” (The Jakarta Post). Ruth Pelupessy (THE SNAKE QUEEN) and W.D. Mochtar (MYSTICS IN BALI) star in this “classic from the Golden Age of Indonesian horror” (Monster!) – whose 2017 Joko Anwar remake became an international festival favorite and one of Indonesia’s biggest hits ever – now scanned from the original negative and packed with all-new Special Features.
    Special Features:

• Satan’s Box Office: Interview with Producer Gope T. Samtani
    • Indonesian Atmosphere: Interview with Screenwriter Imam Tantowi
    • Satan’s Slave Obsession: Audio Interview with Remake Director Joko Anwar

Angelman likes this.
  7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Al Adamson: The Masterpiece Collection has been delayed until May 26th:
    Of the limited bundles all but the Bundle-A-Go-Go is out stock.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

9. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They also showed up yesterday at Target on the B2G1 sale right before it ended. I got an order in at the last minute fortunately.

11. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I saw STRANGE VICE OF MRS. WARDH in a theater a few years ago (under it's rerelease title, THE NEXT VICTIM) along with THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMMAGE (also under it's rerelease title THE PHANTOM OF TERROR).I enjoyed it, hope the new disk is good. Handsome looking film.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  12. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I actually have the Phantom of Terror one sheet. I've seen the Next Victim one sheet but do not own it.

Bird With the Crystal Plumage (one sheet) B.JPG Blade of the Ripper (one sheet) photo only.jpg

Erick H. likes this.
  13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

MorallySound likes this.
  14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Looks like Al Adamson set is sold out. Guess I missed out on that one. Hopefully they release most of the titles separately and I can grab the ones that interest me the most.

15. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I have a funny feeling that set will be available for less than what it cost on launch for a LONG time. It's a pricey set, and the movies are bad. Some will undoubtedly be dumping their sets on the second-hand market within days of receiving them. As long as people don't panic and pay the initially outrageous prices, it'll be available cheaper than it is now.

Hell, I fully expect it show back in stock at Severin in the next couple weeks. The Blood Island and Hemisphere sets were less limited (3500 units versus 2000), but WAY cheaper--and they were available for a long time before Blood Island finally became scarce.

I have a hard time believing that there are 2,000 people willing to buy this set in the close to $200 range. But here's the really good news. If it turns out I'm dead wrong and you can't lay hands on it, you saved yourself about 9 disc recalls.

x666x likes this.
  16. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Yeah - agree. I buy a lot but these movies just don’t interest me, and not at that price tag. I’d probably never watch them all. I’m ok letting this one go.

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

18. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

That would be great. Honestly, I love stuff like the Blood Island movies and the Hemisphere set, and Al Adamson is sorta in a similar vein. I dunno if I need EVERY movie in that set, but if it was for the right price, I would probably nab it up. Otherwise, I'm fine with grabbing whichever ones I really want as solo releases. At this point I'm buying blu-rays for the entertainment value of the films alone and collectibility is meaningless to me, so as long as I can own the films I want to see in the best possible presentation (for blu-ray at least) I'm good. Though I did make an exception with getting the big Blood Island bundle because we wanted to incoporate several of the included items into our basement tiki lounge.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I love the idea of the Adamson set, but knowing me I'd watch the doc and a movie or two, then never touch it again.

x666x likes this.
  20. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way as you and Grim. I feel compelled to buy any release like this. But it'd just sit there, so the $200 would essentially be wasted.

Plenty will be available down the line. I feel pretty good about that.

Angelman and x666x like this.