Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

2. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

I watched a good 10 or so minutes. The image looks great to my eyes. I know there were those saying it was overly-bright, but I didn't notice any grey-looking blacks.

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I thought it was ok, great in some parts a little rough in a lot.

The film though, ouch, it's a first viewing for me and I wasn't impressed, sets are amazing, but the acting, dialogue and fight scenes are woeful, especially the fight scenes, ssssssoooooo bad!

4. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Shit, this is the first I'm hearing about it right now. I'm a huge fan of Blood on Satan's Claw and I would have loved to pick this up, especially since it includes the excellent soundtrack. Well, I guess I can go over to Ebay and get it for $100. Fuck that- fucking assholes!!!

hots4 likes this.
  5. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I had a feeling this would be terrible, but I bought it, too. No shame to fall victim to a limitation of the human brain. After you read the words, "Tawney Kitaen, young and topless," you're unable to concentrate on the rest of the review--or much else.

Darga and hots4 like this.
  6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Yeah, I brought 2 as it worked much cheaper, I was gonna sell it on ebay, but thought I'd offer it my film collecting friend, upon offering it him he said, I've never heard of it is it any good, my reply was it's Tawney Kitaen in a tits and ass, s and m, Indiana Jones flick, and you know what he purchased it from me straight away. LOL!

7. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

You can still pick up the UK blu-ray which is supposed to be the same transfer for around $30.00.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Satans-Claw-Limited-Collectors/dp/B07DTXL6CK/ref=sr_1_1?crid=CZCJT31F1LW0&keywords=blood+on+satans+claw+4k&qid=1576676983&s=dvd&sprefix=blood+on+sat,aps,286&sr=1-1

8. Darga

Thanks, I'll consider it but I'll probably just wait to see if Severin does a standard edition release. They've got all the various extras collected together, plus the corrected day for night scene. I really would have liked to have the CD too though- I love the soundtrack. It was just a nice package all together. Of course, I'm probably wanting it more now since I feel like I missed out...

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

10. Darga

satans-sadists likes this.
  11. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

Crap. Just realized I mistakenly replied to a comment about Gwendoline. I was talking about Blood on Satan's Claw!

12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

110% off-topic, but certainly of interest to you, I just read yesterday that Awkwafina is developing a film project based on the Los Angeles Chinese restaurants that doubled as hardcore punk venues in the late 70s/80s, like the Hong Kong Cafe as shown in Decline.

I'm guessing she'll be playing Madame Wong.

Darga and Myron Breck like this.
  13. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

loutoad23 likes this.
  14. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I thought this whole Severin Kids thing was a joke lol. What are the parents of some kid going to do when they find out they purchased a movie from a company that specializes in erotic nazi exploitation movies and cannibal flicks? LOL

15. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Mondo-Digital reviews Viy: http://mondo-digital.com/viy.html

Also, I watched Severin's release of Night Killer last night (coincidentally fitting too because I didn't realize it takes place during the Christmas season) and that flick is batshit!

16. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I watched KILLER CROCODILE 1 AND 2 - enjoyed the heck out of this release! It fits nicely - vibe wise - with those Filmirage flicks from the late 80's. As a matter of fact, so does PAGANINI HORROR. Loved 'em all.

17. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Reminds me of when my mom would rent me those kids movies that Full Moon put out. As a soon to be parent myself, I'm kind of getting a kick out of being able to get my gore for me and some old kids movies for my child from the same company.

18. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It's kind of funny, I bought Full Moon's Prehysteria blu-ray and before the disc menu, there is a Full Moon advertisement featuring footage from their more adult offerings, including several of the kills from Intruder. Whoops!

Looking forward to The Peanut Butter Solution! My disc shipped out on Thursday, will hopefully have it by Tuesday.

19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Peanut Butter Solution arrived today from Best Buy's B2G1 sale. Also finally got the Killer Crocodile double, a belated purchase.

IMG_20191231_131201.jpg

20. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

Was "Beast in the Cellar" supposed to come with a slipcover or was "Blood on Satan's Claw" supposed to come with an extra one? My Black Friday order arrived a few days ago and I opened it today to find everything I ordered but there was an extra "Blood on Satan's Claw" slipcover included....perhaps it has a very slightly different tint (VERY SLIGHTLY different)....I dunno, not sure...not complaining or anything, I'm just wondering if it was accidentally included in lieu of something else that I was supposed to receive...