Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

August Severin Films titles revealed!

Trailer: https://youtu.be/_JQDbQ_w_RQ

Killer Crocodile 1 & 2 2-disc: https://severin-films.com/shop/killer-crocodile-slip/

Killer Crocodile Special Features:

Half A Croc: Interview with Makeup FX Artist Giannetto De Rossi
    Italian Crocodiles: Interview with Actor Pietro Genuardi
    An Italian in Santo Domingo: Interview with Cinematographer Federico Del Zoppo
    Killer Crocodile 2 Special Features:

Maidens and Flesh Eaters: Career Interview With FX Master Giannetto De Rossi

Wax Mask: https://severin-films.com/shop/wax-mask-slip/

Special Features:
    Audio Commentary with Director/Special Effects Artist Sergio Stivaletti and Michelangelo Stivaletti
    Beyond Fulci: Interviews with Producer Dario Argento, Director Sergio Stivaletti, Producer Giuseppe Columbo, Production Designer Massimo Geleng, Actress Gabriella Giorgelli and Filmmaker Claudio Fragasso
    The Chamber of Horrors: Interviews with Producer Dario Argento, Director Sergio Stivaletti, Producer Giuseppe Columbo, Production Designer Massimo Geleng and Actress Gabriella Giorgelli
    Living Dolls: Interviews with Producer Dario Argento, Director Sergio Stivaletti, Producer Giuseppe Columbo and Actress Gabriella Giorgelli
    The Mysteries of the Wax Museum: Interview with SFX Artist Sergio Stivaletti
    The Waxworks Symphony: Interview with Soundtrack Composer Maurizio Abeni
    The Grand Opening: Interviews with Producer Dario Argento, Director Sergio Stivaletti and Producer Giuseppe Columbo
    Wax Unmasked: Interview with Film Writer Alan Jones
    Vintage Featurettes: Behind the Scenes, Special Effects, On Set with Dario Argento
    BONUS: CD SOUNDTRACK
    Exclusive Slipcover Art by Austin Hinderliter
    Reversible Art

August Bundle: https://severin-films.com/shop/august-bundle/

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

baggio, Nailwraps, wago70 and 5 others like this.
  2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Just finished watching night killer, fuck me that was awful, one of the worst things I've seen this year!

Angelman likes this.
  3. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

but was it 'fun' awful? like lots of gore, hilarious dialogue,... or was it horribly boring?

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

No not fun, it has terrible gore, they never explain how he pulls of the kills (don't want add spoilers, you'll know what I mean if you watch it), awful dialogue, story, acting, some head scratching moments, maybe some can get fun out of it in its so bad it's good way, but not me I hated it.

Are you a fan of nightmare beach? I absolutely hate that and feel this is in the same league, so if you like that, you might have fun here.

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I love Nightmare Beach and all those similar Umberto Lenzi films of the time (Hitcher In The Dark, Primal Rage, etc), so I will probably love this!

6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

7. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

There are already issues with the Killer Croc movies - something about the extras being scrapped and new extras being worked on. I think I'll just grab the 88 Films versions of these films. Their packaging is better

x666x likes this.
  8. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

I thought both Killer Crocodile movies were quite poor, the second one has virtually no gore (which is strange considering who directed it).

I might bite on Wax Mask.

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

10. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Thanks for mentioning the 88 Films version. Yes, it looks like a much more nicer package for the Killer Crocodile films. I have the clamshell versions of the dvds from Europe so the Severin version was looking lacklustre from the packaging standpoint.

elDomenechHDG likes this.
  11. CPT HOOK

Can anyone here break down the full Killer Crocodile situation?

If I'm understanding correctly, the only way to get the sequel is to order the $34 slipcovered edition direct from Severin? It will not be available thru normal retailers? Also, 2-discs? HD for Killer Crocodile 2?

Is 88 Films releasing Killer Crocodile 2? I only see information about a release of the first movie?

Trying to figure out my best option here. Severin's website is always ridiculously expensive, so I don't want to spend $34 on this and then have the same release minus slipcover available through normal retailers for $20.

12. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

They are definitely releasing it not sure if it will be separate, all I can see so far is a double pack, I'm sure they would release separately at some point.

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

After the Night Killer/TCM 3 stunt I wouldn't put anything past them. This past year it seems like Severin is leaning towards more and more exclusives. And with something like Killer Crocodile 2 that probably makes sense. I don't expect it to get a stand alone release; few would buy it on a whim and those specifically looking to buy it will pay more. So why enter it into a race to the bottom on Amazon only to split the profits? Put it on your site as an exclusive and pocket it all. I think that's the realistic future of small distribution.

With that said I wouldn't anticipate Killer Crocodile exclusives to sell out quickly. You can probably wait until next Memorial Day to get it 50% off (this Black Friday would be too soon to be one sale). That's the game I'm playing with the Hemisphere Collection waiting until this Black Friday. It's dicey I'll admit but there's not exactly lines around the block for titles like these.

I've said it before but God bless those that pre-order direct at full price. You offset my cheap skate tactics. :D

14. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

You're going to be really sad when you miss out on the inevitable recall and replacement program. Surely that's worth paying full price, isn't it?

Myron Breck and X-human like this.
  15. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Truth. Sometimes when I'm watching a Blu-ray that's a version 2 of those initial releases I like to imagine the glitch happening and pretend to get outraged at the personal slight against me. But then reality sinks in and it's just a perfectly corrected disc that I never had to get replaced and indignant about. And I feel like I missed over coming that obstacle that could have given me experiences, character growth and personal development.

But then there's always that deep glitch I might one day find. And that keeps me going!

Myron Breck and shape22 like this.
  16. shape22

Sometimes I think we all picked a stupid hobby. Stamp collecting is easier.

Myron Breck likes this.
  17. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Boring! :D

18. shape22

Totally agree. Thus the hours wasted trying to get Fedex to deliver my Creature From The Black Lagoon Legacy replacement disc without a signature. Or waiting for my replacement disc of The Changeling, which has a buggered video track instead of a buggered audio track. Too fun.

19. CPT HOOK

Supposedly Severin did a 2K restoration of The Peanut Butter Solution for an upcoming release.

20. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator