Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

NIGHT KILLER Blu-rays featuring the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3 Slipcover available for 48 hours only:
    https://severin-films.com/shop/night-killer-blu-ray-feat-exclusive-slipcover-expires-5-18/

Wow, that does surprise me. And it's a little BS then to leave details of this release to word of mouth and then do a flash sale like this.

Already shows as Out of Stock so I didn't even hear about it until it was already sold out within hours. Looks like they took the opposite approach to Shocking Dark when that proved uncontroversial and decided to mix things up a bit. :rolleyes:

4. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I saw the notice on Facebook last night then forgot about it until this afternoon and it was already gone. Oh well, $30 saved

satans-sadists and Katatonia like this.
  5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I saw it up for sale last night, but passed on it. The front of the Slipcover basically just looks like the front of the normal case artwork...and they didn't even post what the back looks like. I can pass on the Alternate Title artwork crap for a thin slip at a premium price. I'll be able to get the normal version from Bullmoose for under $20... so screw spending an extra $10 + shipping.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    chancetx and satans-sadists like this.
  6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm a slipcover fan, but I typically won't pay extra for them, especially $10+! Easy pass.

Kind of like Massacre Video selling Final Stab with slipcover for $29.99 shipped or you can get it from Amazon minus the slipcover for $17.99. Again, easy choice.

I'm looking forward to the blu-ray though. I've never seen Night Killer!

chancetx likes this.
  7. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

I ended up getting the $100 bundle with all the swag. I was just going to get the Night Killer movie itself but it was sold out already but the other two June titles looked good so the collector in me said what the hell. Even if you didn't want to spend $30 on a slip you could of bought it and flipped it on Ebay, It's going for $100 just for the slip :eek:

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

You'll be lucky if you can get that when you actually get it in your hands from Severin. When the demand is still high, like for an exclusive sold out Best Buy Steelbook edition or something... yeah it sells for a lot on ebay at first, and then it becomes flooded with copies and the value drops dramatically.

Seriously though, anybody willing to pay $100 for just the paper thin Slipcover of this is batshit crazy. o_O

hots4 and gobad2003 like this.
  9. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I needed that TCM 3 slip so went all in for the bundle. Don't need the swag, though. Clever of Severin to only make the limited slip available as a standalone for $34 (Night Killer bundle) or as part of a pricey regular bundle. I'm not going to fret over it since this isn't standard practice at Severin. I'm not always going to go for these bundles. I skipped the May package, for instance. Nothing in it I needed.

gobad2003 likes this.
  10. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

11. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I watched this the other night with my dad (with whom I also watched a Climax of Blue Power), and I quite liked it. I wasn't aware that it was a rip-off of an earlier Greek film, so I'm probably giving D'Amato more credit than he deserves, but I dug the whole setup with Emanuelle driving the man responsible for her sister's suicide to sexual frustration by holding him captive and forcing him to witness increasingly erotic scenes. The whole thing feels like an odd, heterosexual male fantasy, so it might be surprising that I - not a heterosexual male - enjoyed it. Granted, it has George Eastman, and as always, he's an intense and entertaining dude - and this is mid 70's, so he was rather attractive in a simian sort of way. And speaking of the groovy 70's, the fashions and soundtrack are a trip. Timeless this movie ain't. There's also gore, but don't expect Absurd or Anthropophagus here. The best part is the darkly ironic conclusion:
    After having killed his captor, Carlo hides from the police in the soundproof cell where she kept him, only to find himself accidentally locked in - forever!
    Good stuff!

Katatonia and satans-sadists like this.
  12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost