Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

My Blood Island Collection arrived in perfect condition from Family Video - very well packed in a cardboard box too! Looks like it’s gone off their website - it’s Amazon for $80 now or nothing! Well, maybe overpriced on eBay, but so glad I grabbed this! Thanks for the heads up x-Human!!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    X-human likes this.
  2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Glad you actually received it! I was willing to stick with my DD order for $5 more because Family Video's burned me too often on these Limited Editions.

And I ended up buying the Severin black glove package. I'm not big of Mondo movies but I'm a Something Weird Video completest so I figured what the hell. And I placed a separate order to get Shocking Dark with the T2 cover that they say they're going to stop selling after this sale. And I got the T2 poster for good measure. Then I upped the ante with other LE slip cases to get free shipping too. So I ended up spending more at Severin than any other surprisingly.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  3. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I got Blood Island set # 3486/3500 from Diabolik. That made me immediately think it would be gone soon.

4. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else noticing issues with some of these Blood Island transfers? I'm only through the first two, but there appear to be serious problems with Brides of Blood. The opening shot of the natives peering out at the boat is hideously over-exposed, which could be a fault of the original photography, but I doubt it--especially since the vast majority of the day for night scenes are WAAAAAAY too bright. It's not a matter of one or two scenes. It's a ton of different shots. I understand that these are extremely obscure flicks and that the transfers are a huge improvement overall, but more care could have made Brides look a lot better.

The set was fairly priced, I appreciate the opportunity to see these flicks in HD, I don't expect a replacement program, and I don't regret purchasing this. But I can't help but feel that Synapse could take the same scans and give us a vastly superior product.

5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

It looks like even used sets are selling for over $60 now on Ebay.

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I didn’t even know these were numbered - I’m 1568/3500.

7. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I am absolutely loving the Blood Island set. None of the movies are duds for me, though I enjoyed Mad Doctor and Beast the most. The image quality of Beast could have been better, but if there weren't better materials available, I can live with it. John Ashley is seriously studly and carries three of the movies well, always complemented with a gorgeous native girl and a gorgeous white girl. His movies are also markedly different from Terror is a Man, which puts character motivation before monster action (even though the monster is pretty cool). The three Ashley movies are cheesier, sleazier, and gorier. Brides is IMO the most cheap-looking of the three (not least in terms of its monster), and you'll spot the plot twist from a mile away. Mad Doctor is headier, and it amps up the gore while keeping the sexy shenanigans. It also has a pretty cool soundtrack, which I'm happy was included in the set. Beast rounds of the tale nicely, and to me, it features the most visually appealing monster of the series. Of course, the monster spends most of the movie with its head detached from its body, with the audience anticipating the moment it regains control of its body to wreak havoc anew. After watching all four movies, I found myself wanting more of the same, and as much as I've said that I'll never pre-order another VCI release, they have Beast of the Yellow Night coming up...

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Code Red Bill is probably spinning in his defunct storefront:

Bursting to tell you the news that we have uncovered the original, uncensored director’s cuts of BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS (shot as The Demons), TORTURE DUNGEON (shot as Macabre), THE MAN WITH TWO HEADS (shot as Dr Jekyll & Mr Blood), and THE RATS ARE COMING...THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE! (shot as Night of the Full Moon). Finally, after half a century, all of the footage once deemed by William Mishkin and the MPAA to be too shocking and perverse for human eyes can be seen exactly as Andy Milligan intended it!
    Our new 2K scans are far superior to anything you've ever seen on these films and this gruesome foursome accounts for only a fraction of the contents of our ever expanding Milligan box, which will be coming in 2019.
    [​IMG]

9. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

10. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

All those lame posts on the Dark Force Facebook page about the Code Red store being wiped out in an air raid, the Banana Man in critical condition (this part may be true, so get well soon, Banana), label wars, and investigations into which label is behind the attack on Code Red. Plot twist: It isn't the usual suspects, 88 Films and Vinegar Syndrome - it's SEVERIN!

I'm only kidding, of course (though those DF posts are pretty cringeworthy). Seriously though, I never got this whole label fanboyism. For me, it's totally uncomplicated: Simply put the best possible release of the movie I want, and my money is yours. I sincerely don't care if your name is Arrow, Code Red, or Vinegar Syndrome - just give me Night of the Demon (1980), The Dark Ride (1978), Meatcleaver Massacre (1977), and Honeymoon Horror (1982) on Blu. :p

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    satans-sadists likes this.
  11. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Oh boy, another premature announcement for Milligan titles; I'm so excited!!!

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Invasion of the Blood Farmers is coming on 2/26/19:

[​IMG]

Standard Blu-ray: https://severin-films.com/shop/iotbf-bluray/

Limited Edition Bundle: https://severin-films.com/shop/iotbf-bundle/

MorallySound and russweiss like this.
  13. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

I will stick with my retromedia dvd of it, but i am sure it will be a great disc.
    However youve got me on the milligan set as i thought all the old film prints were a done deal

14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

Coming to Blu-ray 2/26 from Severin Films!

Tony Williams “Next of Kin”!
    It’s been hailed as “skin-crawlingly real” (Horror News), “a jaw-dropping achievement” (Moon In The Gutter) and “a giallo that rivals Argento’s DEEP RED” (Scary Minds), yet has remained largely unseen in America. Now experience “one of the greatest horror movies of the 20 th Century” (Goomba Stomp) for the first time ever…and like never before: When a young woman inherits a creaky retirement home, she’ll find herself in a waking nightmare of murder, madness and a legacy of evil that may be inescapable. Jackie Kerin, John Jarratt (WOLF CREEK) and Alex Scott (ROMPER STOMPER) star in this “stylish and creepy must-see” (The Digital Fix) – featuring an intense synth score by Klaus Schulze of Tangerine Dream – now transferred from original Australian vault elements and packed with all-new Special Features.

Widescreen 1.77:1

DTS 5.1 Surround

“Commentary with Director Tony Williams and Producer Tim White

Commentary with Mark Hartley & Cast Members Jackie Kerin, John Jarrett & Robert Ratti

House Of Psychotic Women Intro By Kier-La Janisse for Morbido TV

Extended Interviews from Not Quite Hollywood

Return to Monteclare: Location Revisit, 2018

Deleted Scenes

Before the Night is Out: Ballroom Footage, 1979

Original Theatrical Trailer

UK VHS Trailer

German Theatrical Trailer

Alternate German Opening

Image Gallery

Tony Williams Short Films”

https://www.facebook.com/5956304241...7446604/795176167492271/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

[​IMG]

chancetx, Body Boy and Katatonia like this.
  15. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Excellent for fans, I watched it recently and was very disappointed, it was boring, nothing I'd not seen before and done better else where.

16. Katatonia

It sounds pretty much exactly like the Second Sight release... and SS will probably do a better job, just like with The Changeling. SS certainly have better quality control for any potential problems, that's for sure.

17. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Nothing irks me more than misusing the term 'giallo', categorically or phonetically. But this film is amazing! I'll wait to hear back if there's an issue, but I'll buy it month 2!

18. Katatonia

Hopefully Severin learned their lesson with The Changeling, and put in a little more quality control this time around. This isn't as high-profile a movie by any means, but there's still plenty that can go wrong.

19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

20. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost