Second Sight (UK): Dawn of the Dead (1978) and Martin (1978)

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The hardback book revealed:

https://www.facebook.com/SecondSightFilms/posts/1934705846663839

[​IMG]

2. Katatonia

sinister likes this.
  3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Considering the cost for these titles I would hope all the suppliers will pack well.

4. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Full package:

[​IMG]

Katatonia, fattyjoe37 and buck135 like this.
  5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    The much loved Green Title font. nice!

buck135 likes this.
  6. Katatonia

Another pic:

[​IMG]

... and for those lucky enough to be able to order it direct from SS, you'll receive these 4 exclusive art cards:

[​IMG]

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

While I always appreciate goodies I can certainly live without those.

I cracked and put in a UHD order with Zavvi instead of waiting out Amazon.uk. And I put it with Arrow's Crash UHD so I went with their UK site; not their US site. Ultimately that'll save me on shipping.

8. russweiss

I ordered Dawn from Base.com and received this email from them this morning.

We have been experiencing an increasing number of legal challenges and other issues with our shipping of orders outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Our suppliers transact with us on the basis that goods will only be sold within the EEA.

These issues have been compounded by: Covid-19 related delivery constraints and costs, an increasing number of lost parcels, local taxation changes, and customs delays. All this has led our Board to take the decision that, with immediate effect we will cease taking orders for countries outside of the EEA.

From the 1st October, we will cease to ship orders outside of the EEA. Any orders that are still outstanding will be cancelled.

We regret we have had to take this action and apologise for any inconvenience we have caused you.

Kind regards

Base.com

9. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

That sucks for people that ordered months ago from Base.com, which I was one of them :( DOes that mean no more future orders or people that ordered way in advance are still ok :confused:

10. russweiss

I ordered from Base at the end of May and sent them an email this morning to verify if the order was cancelled. I have a feeling it is.

gobad2003 likes this.
  11. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

That sucks. I ordered an extra from Diabolik, Now I'm glad I did.

Katatonia and russweiss like this.
  12. russweiss

Dawn is one of the most anticipated releases so I covered myself as well. I ordered from Base, Diabolik, and Amazon UK. I'm hoping Amazon UK will allow orders of the 4K edition soon. Diabolik was a lot more expensive than Base or Amazon but I'm still glad I placed an order with them.

gobad2003 likes this.
  13. bigmix007

bigmix007 Member

I ordered from base too and just preordered on Zavvi. Just sucks that I thought this was already ordered and all set.

14. Katatonia

I only pre-ordered it from Diabolik, but I'm glad I did now also.

That sucks about Base though, I was using them for UK imports since availability from Amazon UK is hit or miss now, and Zavvi was usually more expensive.

15. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Let’s just hope that this doesn’t happen with other retailers too, a lot can happen in the 7 or so weeks we have until this gets released assuming it doesn’t get delayed yet again. On a lighter note I love how they had to throw some COVID bullshit into the announcement too, this fucking scam is like the go-to excuse for everything now. “We’re pissing off our suppliers ...and, uh, oh yeah COVID too, that also figures into this somehow; blame that too!!!”. lol

16. russweiss

I ship a fair amount of international orders and can verify that things started going south around March when Covid was spreading Worldwide. Packages that used to take a month or less via first class shipping turned into 4 months or longer. I had to upgrade to priority so I could insure them and even with the more expensive rate the last package I sent to China took 2 full months to arrive. Covid is not a bullshit excuse, either as a virus or how it has caused major damage to business and life. Amazon increased shipping prices greatly for a while and has still banned some items from being shipped overseas including the 4K Dawn of the Dead set.

Zombie Dude, Katatonia and hots4 like this.
  17. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I would concur with this. I've sent items abroad and they have taken a lot lot longer than usual. The problem for me is they are sent through ebay and they have not changed there expected shipping dates. I sent something to the US, Where on the very expected date they filed a not received strike through ebay/paypal and I had to give them the money even though I knew from experience thy would probaby have got it a week or 2 later. So I understand.

Hopefully these are decisions that are not ongoing and will be reviewed once things start to get back to normal.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. Katatonia

COVID affecting shipping and product supply is definitely real. Even large chains of stores like Wal-Mart just aren't getting a lot of things these days, and it's not unusual to see some shelves empty because they just can't get certain things in.

As for International shipments, things have gotten a little better recently. It was back in March to maybe early August where I noticed packages were taking a good 2+ months to arrive to me that should have taken a couple of weeks tops. I had 2 packages go "lost" from around that time... and they never did show up. One was shipped from Sweden and the other from the UK. I got refunded for both, but one was a "rare" item that could not be replaced.

At least Germany opened up their "deutschepost" mail again. I had an order with Northern Silence Productions in Germany placed back in April that couldn't even be shipped since there was no post available ... it only just shipped a couple of weeks ago finally.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  19. russweiss

It is confirmed that Base has cancelled pre-orders for the Dawn of the Dead sets. Pretty shitty in my opinion to do this for orders that were places several months ago. Here is the response I received for the email I sent.

Your order will be cancelled on 01/10/2020. I am sorry again for the disappointment this causes.

Kind regards,
    Jason
    Customer Services
    Online Commerce Ltd

Zombie Dude likes this.
  20. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Someone on blu-ray.com intimated that Zavvi will follow suit. My order for both sets with them still says "Processing."