Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Jan 13, 2019.
Looks like I'm stuck with zavvi, and for some reason I can't get tracked delivery
Diabolik pre-orders are up:
I didn't see this anywhere on the site but my friend mentioned to me that they were supposedly only taking pre-orders for this today and tomorrow. Wound up ordering from them since they take the money up front, which I prefer. Now I got this paid for and just have to sit back and wait for it to arrive in Oct./Nov. ...and cancel the Zavvi pre-order.
Yes, they just posted this on their Facebook page re: the pre-order being only for today and tomorrow:
"The UK Dawn of the Dead has really turned into an enigma for us. I won't go into any specifics about why we are making this decision but we are only taking preorders today and tomorrow. After that we won't have anymore to sell or save. It is possible we have plenty when October comes and we can offer more to sell but if you want to lock in your order, please do so now. Although it does say this on the product page, here is a reminder that we take payment now and we don't offer cancellations on preorders."
I honestly don't know what they mean by that, but it's interesting to say the least...
I went ahead and pre-ordered the UHD set from Diabolik and cancelled my Base pre-order. Sure it'll cost a little more... but at least I know it'll be packed well and I won't have to wait forever for it to arrive to me from the UK. I'm still waiting on a couple of packages from the UK right now that are approaching two months (Royal Mail) and who knows how long these delays are going to continue. Plus, that time of year is generally expensive, so it's best to just pay in advance right now and be done with it.
This is a must own for me, so I just ordered both sets from Diabolik. I'll keep my pre-order from Zavvi just in case.
Hrm... $8 shipping and handling? A total ~$20 premium for the feels? The #FOMO is real yet I can't help but think I'll eventually be able to put in a pre-order at Amazon.co.uk in the next few months.
I've been hard passing on a lot of stuff recently and the more difficult soft pass on still others. I ended up scrounging around and paying more for the Shinya Tsukamoto boxset that I would have liked because I under estimated the demand on that item. But you can't over estimate the demand for Dawn of the Dead. That's what's driving DiabolikDVD's decision on this and they're not wrong.
Grrr....I'm currently on Blu, not looking to go UHD anytime soon but know I will eventually. These sets leave me in the position of having to choose, if I buy them at all.
Fully concur. I rethought my decision to get the full Flash Gordon set, when I realized almost everything in the limited set was junk I didn't care for and the rest was stuff I'd look at once. All of it, except for the movie, was stuff I'd have to find room for. Its all just becoming conversion of cash to clutter, and that's not as alluring a prospect as it used to be.
On Dawn, I think I'd be quite satisfied with a high quality Theatrical and Extended cut and about half the extras. Blu now, UHD for later. Honestly I don't even think I'd listen to the Goblin CD more than once.
I caved. Damnit. Those CDs got me in the end.
Blu-ray vs. UHD is the dilemma for me too. I'll be going UHD sooner rather than later but as a plasma man I'm not happy with the current TV offerings. The library music CDs are my big want but the book is interesting too. So if I'm going to be keeping the set around I might as well get UHD.
Clock's ticking... I'm still leaning towards waiting for Amazon to lift the restrictions and being able to order it ~$20 less. If I'm wrong I'll live another day and try again on the 8K set.