Second Sight (UK): Dawn of the Dead (1978) and Martin (1978)

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Jan 13, 2019.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I would have liked a set with both the UHD and blu-ray's, but I'm getting them both regardless. That box is a thing of beauty.

2. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I'm impressed there was some actual information in this update, really thought it was going to be like the last one. It's too bad the actual release is so far out and it likely won't arrive in the US in time for Halloween but at least we'll get to pre-order real soon. Hopefully this isn't some limited edition that will sell out quickly...

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Psyched. I've sold my Anchor Bay DVDs of both Dawn and Martin and that'll more than pay for these sets so I'm all ready to go.

4. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Steel76 and hots4 like this.
  6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

We’ve been waiting so long and now that we’re just a couple of days away from being able to lock it in with a pre-order they pull the rug out from under us. Pandemic or no pandemic it’s a real dick move.

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Seems sort of appropriate with what's going on. Who knows how long this virus could delay the release. It's best for them to have those details before putting a pre-order up. I agree it sucks. They could at least post some pictures of what the set will look like and some more details.

Another reason for this delay (while they don't know what's going on with the world) is probably because people are stupid; for example: TOTS is releasing a life size Chucky doll this year and delayed it months after pre-orders had been up to address some issues and fix a few things, thus giving people an even better doll for their money. Well, let me tell you there was a few posts online I saw afterwards with people acting like TOTS were massive assholes for this. Stupidity at its finest.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, I don't see the big deal really. A simple pre-order delay is not the end of the world, especially when it wouldn't even be coming out until later this year. Studios delay releases all the time, shit happens.

Plus, this probably gives them more time to "hone" the release to be a better product. We know it's coming, no need to panic. o_O

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t this have a tentative release date of like October anyway? Who gives a fuck that the press release was pushed back, it’s no wonder given what’s currently going on in the world. This release is still months away, regardless.

~Matt

Zombie Dude, Katatonia and Steel76 like this.
  10. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

It’s just a fucking movie.
    People are dying out there, so there are bigger problems around the world, than a delayed pre-order.

11. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

It’s not like someone from Second Sight has to take all these pre-orders from people in person and put themselves at risk, it’s an online pre-order. Not only that but am I to believe that someone at Second Sight was naive enough to not expect things to be worse and continue to get worse 2 weeks after the last announcement? I just wanted to order and forget about this until I received a shipping notification + who knows what the overall financial impact of WuFlu will be once it’s all over, I have money for this now though.

12. sinister

sinister Active Member

That's probably why they're delaying the pre-order. Maybe they're not sure how their own production costs will be affected and therefore the retail price may need to change before the pre-order is made available.

maskull, Zombie Dude and Steel76 like this.
  13. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Let's all be honest, Second sight are gonna be cautious with this product, if we are in a major recession and people aren't spending money then they won't release it. They are a business at the end of the day and need to make money, if the product isn't going to perform due to other factors outside their control then there is a good chance they will wait.

Katatonia and Steel76 like this.
  14. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/SecondSightFilms/photos/a.155124601288648/1767218566745902/

15. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

16. sinister

sinister Active Member

Hell even if it's old school laserdisc collector's edition box set priced at £120 for a single movie I'm all over this. :)

Actually I think I even paid more than that for the old Dawn of the Dead perfect collection Jap import laserdisc set, which was the nearest thing to this at the time.

Steel76 and buck135 like this.
  17. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Getting the UHD set for sure. Obviously. This looks amazing.

~Matt

buck135, Angelman and Steel76 like this.
  18. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

NICE. I'm not usually one to fawn over CD soundtracks but I'm looking forward to listening to the library tracks.

Seems the CD soundtrack and book will be exclusive to the Limited Edition which is fine not everyone wants that. I'm sure we'll see a standard version soon after.

Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Welp, I rarely double dip anymore, but I think this one is gonna be worth the upgrade.