Sam Firstenberg's NINJA III: THE DOMINATION (1984) from Shout Factory 6/11

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by bruce h, Mar 7, 2013.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

You should buy a gallon of V8 for your first viewing. You're gonna need it...

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm in the camp that hasn't seen this either. It seems to get a lot of attention which has me curious to check it out. I assume it's a standalone movie despite being labled as number 3.

Katatonia likes this.
  3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Oh yeah, definitely. It has nothing at all to do with the previous two films... besides having a "Ninja" (and Sho Kosugi) in the movie.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  4. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

...which likewise have nothing to do with one another... other than both featuring Sho Kosugi playing ninja characters.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

True, which is why I put ...besides having a "Ninja" (and Sho Kosugi) in the movie.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

7. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Glad to see Ninja III: The Domination getting some love around here and surprised at how many of you haven't seen it. And while Ninja III is good, goofy, WTF fun, Revenge of the Ninja (aka Ninja II) is the crown jewel of the trilogy and the height of 80's Cannon/American ninja movie action! Seek that one out too if you've never seen it.

Dobby and zbinks like this.
  8. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Yeah that's the holy grail humbly agree. Ninja 3 electric boogaloo 2 is just cheese. I can't stress enough Revenge of the ninja is incredible!

9. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Sold. Bought. Can't wait, should arrive by Saturday. 4th of July gonna be awfully Ninjary this year. Fuck yeah.

[​IMG]

baggio, Dobby and satans-sadists like this.
  10. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Great purchase! Cannon's entire Ninja trilogy is worth having in your collection, but Revenge is easily the best of all three. This film wastes no time piling up the body count by the way. Have fun, man.

Natas likes this.
  11. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Thanks man. Ninja 3 inspired me to get back into the genre (is "ninja movies" a genre?) LOL but when I was little I used to watch movies like Blood Sport, Kickboxer, American Ninja or pretty much any Jean Claude flick, on repeat constantly.

Has anyone seen The Hunted? 1995 ninja flick. I watched 30 minutes of it at 3am a few weekends ago on HBO but I was hammmmmered and only remember laughing my ass off at all the ninjary madness! There's a train scene with dozens of ninjas fucking shit up.

satans-sadists likes this.
  12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Don't forget about Enter the Ninja with Frank Nero from Cannon Films. Has a hilarious death scene. It's iconic.

While you're at it. A must watch. GymKata (which needs to be on Blu-Ray STAT) Can't go around watching Ninja III and NOT see Gymkata. LOL

And if you want "current" Ninja stuff, more serious films. since you're on a ninja kick.

Then consider seeing these starring Scott Adkins. He's the freakin man, 100% the real deal. If you don't know Scott Adkins, then your missing out. Basically this current era's Sly, Arnold, Damme, Norris, etc... He's the hands down the BEST "fighting" action star in hollywood currently. Too bad nobody really knows about him, if he was around in the 80's , 90's he would a household name today. I suggest you check out his other films too. He basically started in the business playing opposite of Jean Claude Damme (this is where I was first introduced to Adkins) in a couple of Damme films. Now he has quite a few "straight to video" flicks where he is the main star.

Ninja (2009) and Ninja II (2013)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    othervoice1, Katatonia and Natas like this.