Rumour Alert!: Halloween 6 Producer's Cut to come to Blu-ray?!?!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

2. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Haha. That woud be great, but unlikely.

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Hmmm, interesting they went far enough to put a cover up on blu-ray.com, but I have seen them do that for other stuff they are only wishing for like the Crow and Rounders way before they really happened. Plus both of those came out with covers looking nothing like the early wish-covers. This has little to no chance of becoming real IMO, I'm sure it's a rights issue nightmare at best.

Oh yeah, there's also the fact that both versions suck and the film shouldn't exist. Not even the great Donald P. can save this shit. I keep trying to like either version, recently watching the PC again and still just hating it after a few minutes.

4. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Echo Bridge is in the business of quickly dumping low-cost product into stores with as little effort going into said product as possible. It's not likely they would go through the trouble of assembling & remastering a cut that's never been officially released before. I can only see this happening if: Fan requests and the overall popularity of the Halloween franchise has convinced them to do something extra, and /or this cut was already sitting around in the Miramax vaults ready to slap on a disc and go.

A lot of iffy listings get posted on that Blu-ray.com site. Who runs it? Where do they get their info? Is it something like IMDb or Wikipedia that anyone can add to?

5. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Everyone's assuming that Echo Bridge is behind this. There have been rumors floating around the net about an official Producer's Cut release for at least 3 years, with everyone from Anchor Bay to Shout Factory mentioned as possible distributors. I'd like to see an official release if only to put this saga behind me.

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Seeing how EB has the theater cut out, and all the others from this era of the series (H20, Res.), who else could it be? It's all rumors anyway, no one is going to release this legitly ever. Plus to those who don't know anything about the film or what it went through, how does "Producers Cut" really sound? Sounds like the one cut to make money to me, doesn't have that nice ring like Diecrtor's Cut. No one cares about the producers except those involved in making the movie.

Isn't the theater vesrion of Alien3 really a "producers" or "studio" cut? It just sounds bad to me and would probably confuse the shit out of Joe-public.

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Oh man, this would be fuckin sweet. Do it!!!

8. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Blu-ray.com lets their retard users submit anything they want, so this is almost certainly some fanboy spank material.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

:eek2: That cover looks more like Halloween 6: The Constipation of Michael Myers

[​IMG]

10. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Me personally I liked the PC version of 6 better than the TC version so I would buy this if it ever came out. Not only that but the completetist in me would want it to finish off the series.

11. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

If Echo Bridge did release it, both versions would be crammed onto a single-layered BD25.

12. MarkWarner

MarkWarner New Member

Not happening. Blu-ray.com is as bad as IMDb when it comes to this stuff.

13. shockwave

shockwave New Member

Wish it would, this version needs to be released at some point, all I have is a crappy VHS copy I bought on ebay a few years back, but this version was inifinitely better than the version that was released.

14. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

I emailed Echo Bridge with the link and asked if this was happening, this is the reply I got; "This is not our release."

Case closed. ;)

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i doubt echo bridge is gonna release this. but it would be funny if they did though i still would like to know where that info from blu-ray website came from

16. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

just found this out over at blu-rayforums

No..Daniel Farrands confirmed a few months ago on his Facebook that original negatives still exist (in mint condition) and "New Miramax" owns them. These are some of his posts:

"I have made the new owners of Miramax aware of the P-Cut (which is safe and sound in a film vault) and they are looking into a possible release."

"The good news is the new Miramax brass are now aware of the P-Cut and are motivated to make money off the library titles they purchased."

also in an interview at fangoria last paragraph
    http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/m...-the-qhalloweenq-re-release-with-justin-beahm

17. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

"There are many people who say that HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION is their favorite in the series..."

Are there really, many?

18. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Yes. The parents of the actors. :)

19. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

20. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

As much as I'd love to see this finally come out in good quality I don't see it happening. We're talking about an alternate version of one of the least popular (with the general public) films in the Halloween series. Aside from the 20 of us here who'd snap it up right away there might not be another interested person in the United States.

Why would anyone take on the expense of preparing a hi-def release of an alternate cut of H6? Too much work would be involved relative to the potential profits. It'd have to be a labor of love. And Miramax is all about the bottom line.

All that said, I sincerely hope I'm wrong.