Ruin Me - Shudder Exclusive

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by CPT HOOK, Aug 4, 2018.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

This slasher movie has been available on Shudder for a couple weeks now, but I've been holding off because I had tickets to a midnight screening of it. Figured it'd be way more fun on the big screen. Tonight is finally that night, I'll be seeing it at midnight following a 9:00PM screening of A24's latest Never Goin' Back.

Anyone check this out yet?

2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Looks good, let us know what it's like.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I liked it. It's pretty tame for a slasher movie, but what it lacks in gore it makes up for with likable characters and plot. I thought it was extremely well done for an indie, as a lot of modern indie slashers are a bit tough to sit through (especially the ones littering Amazon Prime).

One of the crew members was there to intro the film, so I waited around after the credits, expecting a Q&A like they usually do... but nothing. So I left.

It's kind of cool though, when I got home, I turned this on again on Shudder and let the first half-hour or so play while I was getting ready for bed. And near the beginning of the movie, there's a really subtle little moment that you won't pick up on unless you've seen the end of the movie. It's a nice touch.

I hope they put it on blu-ray. Shudder has been putting some of their movies on blu-ray lately, but so far only their duds (Dead Shack and Found Footage). I would for sure buy Ruin Me and Lake Bodom... maybe Downrange too.

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I watched it last night, it was OK, not the best but certainly not the worst thing I'd seen recently. The ending was pretty weak. But worth a watch.