RUBY Details; THE TWILIGHT PEOPLE, THE AFTERMATH, ONE MILLION B.C. (1940) Hit Blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by bruce h, May 6, 2017.

1. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I’ve been curious about this for some time. Mary Wilcox and John Ashley in a movie by the guy who directed The Mad Doctor of Blood Island? Sounds good to me. But VCI? That rules out a pre-order. After a string of technically botched releases (including the Brownrigg double feature, which in my opinion needs to be corrected), I’d rather not support the company at all, but if this release isn’t another screw-up, I guess I’ll have to bite.

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Did anyone here buy VCI's Mommy Double Feature? It's a 3-disc set, and whatever cheap tray they used, those discs ARE NOT coming out. I tried to get the blu-ray disc out for a good 20 minutes, but it felt like the disc was going to snap in half. The only disc that is removable is the bonus features DVD.

Does anyone know a trick for the trays VCI uses?

4. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

This problem isn't isolated to VCI - I always have a tough time removing Blu's from Arrow two-disc sets. You literally need both hands to pop the discs out and even then you need the patience of a saint. Sorry can't help with your VCI issue but good luck!

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I did finally manage to pry the blu-ray disc out a few nights later, but it wasn't easy. Once I watched that and the Bonus Features DVD, I switched their positions in the case. Odds are I'm not going to watch the bonus features again, so might as well make the blu-ray disc accessible.

As for the movies, they're fun. The first is a fairly generic movie of it's kind, but the sequel has a lot more fun with the concept. Neither looks very good on blu-ray, as I believe the extras say they were shot on video and edited digitally. I don't know the proper technical lingo, but the sequel in particular has a weird stutter effect in shots with heavy motion. It's like the image freezes for a fraction of a second every couple seconds. It's definitely noticable, but perfectly watchable. I've never owned these before, so I can't say if this is present on the previous versions.