Rock and Shock Convention

Discussion in 'General' started by maybrick, Sep 4, 2004.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

2. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

I think I'll take a swing up there. I'm in Southeastern Mass. so it will only be a 40 min. drive. Got the cast of "Dawn" to sign my post last Aug. at HorrorFind. This time I'll get "Day" cast members.

3. froggydogg69

froggydogg69 New Member

I'd like to take a trip down there for a day or two.

4. maybrick

Where in NH do you hail from, froggy?

I'm glad something like this is finally happening in our neck of the woods. I was about to break down and plan a road trip next year to attend one of the many cons that happen in the Midwest. Now, I don't have to, and it's not even going to come out of my vacation time.

It all looks good, but I'm especially looking forward to meeting Sid Haig and Jeffrey Combs.

5. maybrick

Anybody else? Come on, I know for a fact that there are a number of people on this board who live in New England that would be interested in this.

6. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

I guess that would be less of a wait for us!

7. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

Does anyone know how much the celebs charge for signatures on our own stuff? I would like to get as many as I can, plus go shopping in the vendor room but I am on a limited budget. (Marriage has a way of doing that!)

8. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

Usually $10-$20. Play it safe and assume $20.00.

9. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

Hope they do a group ticket for the "Dawn", "Day" & "House1K." cast members, could use the savings on that! I hope to get in Saturday & Sunday! I just wanna find a bud to go with me that would APPRECIATE the atmosphere and topic!! My wife and my best friend will have nothing to do with it!

10. froggydogg69

froggydogg69 New Member

Whoops, didn't notice that til now. I live in Lincoln. I got my tickets for Saturday ordered, I'm pumped for this!

11. maybrick

I was thinking of just paying at the door. I've never been to a convention before. Are they something that you should buy tickets ahead of time for? I love horror movies, but I never thought that they were THAT popular!

12. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Kane Hodder was CDN$5.00 an item - personal stuff included

13. Agentsusp

Agentsusp Member

My friends band is opening for the Misfits on the show on the 19th (I think that's the date) so I might get dragged to the "rock" part that night. Although I really have no iterest in seeing any of the bands playing, because they BLOW, the sorry excuse of a band calling themselves "the misfits" is a travesty, ICP flat out is terrible crap for 9 year olds and Type O Negative was never my thing.

I am however into seeing the "shock" part, I may just drive out to Worcester for one of the days. Curious to see what kind of Vendors will be there.

14. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

I'll be heading up there solo. My wife also wants nothing to do with it.

15. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

Well where there is a will there is a way. I drummed enough interest in the past couple days at college that a bunch of students will accompany for the trip to horror heaven! Cant wait for the weekend!!!

16. froggydogg69

froggydogg69 New Member

So who went and what did ya think?

I went on Saturday and had an effin' blast! It was my first horror convention and made me want to go to a bunch more. There wasn't a very big turnout so it really allowed for a lot of one on one time with each celeb. I hope they do it again and I hope more people catch on and go to it. My only complaint was that the autographs were damn spendy, way more than I expected. I blew through $200, on only autographs, in no time. It was great fun though.

17. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

I had the greatest time all year!! Went Saturday and I concur with Froggydogg, it was very light in traffic and the celebs were incredibly accomodating! The autograph pricing was kinda strange, big hitters like The house of 1000 Corpses crew, Dawn of the Dead guys, and Kane Hodder were charging 5-10, while other lesser draws were charging 15 for a sign. No offense to Gary Klar, Courtney Gaines, and Angela Bettis, but its hard to justify charging more than guys like Hodder, Mosely, Haig, etc. The showroom was fun, many vendors were great to just shoot the shite with, The guys from Jersey with the huge DVD table were great and pretty fair pricing! I knocked off many of my top wnats in one swoop with these guys! The lighting could have been better. (How many vendors jumped over their tables when the place went total dark?) The Q & A was fun,and the promotion team vbery accomodating and cool. I had an all around great time, I hope the Rock n Shockers found success in their venture because I hope they do it again next year. To any of the R-n-S staff that may cruise this forum: "Thanks!"

18. maybrick

????

I had Reggie Bannister, Sid Haig, and Jeffrey Combs sign some photos for me and they all charged $20. Were you having them sign things you brought to the con or the stuff they had at the table?

We had a great time, although I only stayed until 4 pm on Saturday. I had my 14 month old daughter with me so I couldn't really attend the screenings. She would never have sat still, and the movies were too violent anyways. Aside from the autographed publicity photos of Combs, Bannister, and Haig (now framed and hanging close by my computer) I walked out with a SHAWN OF THE DEAD vcd and the dvd of THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES.. which I bought from Poker Industries, a 12-inch London After Midnight doll, a free SAW T-shirt and dvd promo, and a shirt for my kid. There were a lot of other things I wanted but at that point I had already spent well over $150 if you include the ticket for admission, gas, and overpriced Papa Gino's pizza.

Reggie Bannister is one of the coolest people I've ever met.

19. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

I brought all the merchandise to sign. My prize item was a signed machete from Kane Hodder. I bought a German House1K poster from a vendor and had them sign the poster. Later in the day, someone snagged the poster from my bag, so I had to do it all over again, Thanks to Bill Mosely and Irwin Keyes for not charging me a second time. I loved Poker Industries!! I dropped $125 on them in a matter of minutes. Pretty fair pricing. I didn't pay for the overpriced pizza, but I did fork over $11.50 for a pair of overpriced beers!! Hope to do it again soon!

20. maybrick

Did you stay for the Paranormal Investigator? I was really sad I couldn't stay for that.

Man, that sucks that some loser had to rip you off. Over all, I found the vibe very pleasant, so I'm surprised that you had that happen to you.

Poker Industries was indeed awesome. I just wished I didn't have to limit myself to $200, but I just bought a new computer and our rent just increased. I wanted to talk to all the guests, but I felt kind of weird going up to them without being able to give them money. It was the first con I've been to, so I was at a loss as to how these things are supposed to work.