Rob Zombie's 31 trailer is here

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Jun 14, 2016.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Have you seen it? If so, how would you compare it to Rob's other films? The reviews of the film itself have not been positive, but I am still interested.

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

enjoyed it a lot more than superbeasto and lords of salem pretty brutal/gory movie

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Personally I thought Lords Of Salem was a much better made film. 31 felt like a step backwards for Zombie imo.

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I will probably wait a while for an inevitable price drop & pick it up. I did that with Lords of Salem and wasn't disappointed.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I just stumbled upon this in a review, not sure if it's true or not.

If that's true and Zombie didn't really care about making this and was just using it to try and finance another project then it kind of explains why it sucks (to me).

6. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

fceurich39 likes this.
  7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

8. Harry Warden

It's $18 at my Walmart on DVD. Shit, they didn't even have a blu section on sale, only DVD. The also had the Disappointments room on dvd or $15. A lot of money for a film that was dumped into theaters.

UPDATE = I stand corrected. They finally put out the Blu Ray at my local Walmart -$17.99.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  9. Vortex

Vortex Member

Funny, I consider those two the worst of the series by far. Though I'm admittedly not a big fan of the series in general, the only ones I really care for being 1, 3 and the much-maligned 6.

A friend and I watched 31 on Shudder last week. It was an okay time-waster, but my least favorite of his films since House of 1,000 Corpses, not counting that cartoon he did.

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Today only: Target has all blurays at 20 percent off.

31 bluray is $16.99 before discount, plus there's an additional 15 percent off coupon for 31 on their Cartwheel app.

Should make it around $12. Don't Breathe bluray is also $15 before discount, making it $12.

11. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Same here. I was impressed with LORDS OF SALEM because he stepped outside of his typical high school-level antics, and it was quite good. This is just him falling back into his hillbilly-centric safety net. I was looking forward to seeing him branch out.

12. Harry Warden

If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard that Lords is his best film. I have it but haven't watched it yet. I read a interview the other day with Zombie and he seems to get bored with prospective projects pretty fast. Maybe that's why he rolls back to "familiar territory". I do like him though. I've seen worse directors/filmmakers.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  13. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Watched "31" last night. I am a huge RZ fan (music and movies) but this is the first movie of his that I did not enjoy. Not sure if my opinion will change in repeated viewings, but this was pretty bad. It felt very sloppily put together/rushed. I like the idea of the plot but it was executed pretty poorly.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  14. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Lords isn't his best film but I really like it. One of the rare movies I've seen twice in the theater. His best film overall is Devil Rejects. But I really appreciated the different route he went with Lords. It was eerie. It had a quiet unsettling quality that I couldn't shake after watching.

I still haven't seen 31. I think I'm going to pick up on blu this week if I get the chance. The mixed reviews haven't exactly gotten me excited. Although I have to keep in mind how many Zombie haters there are out there.

I hope he finally gets the chance to put Tyrannosaurs Rex to film. I remember reading about that script he had written for that and it sounded fucking awesome. Also the Broad Street Bullies movie hes been trying to get made for years now.....

15. Harry Warden

In the interview I read (sorry, it was online and I can't remember where), he stated that Tyrannosaurs Rex is dead. It will never see the light of day. He mentioned getting bored very quickly because there were too many hands in the pot. I also agree with you on Devil's Rejects. I think that is his best film by far but a lot of folks love Lords of Salem.

16. Harry Warden

Finally picked 31 up today at Best Buy. It has been disappearing from store shelves everywhere here. Figured I better get it while I have a chance.

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

18. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Signed up for Shudder so I could watch the Joe Bob Briggs marathon on July 13th. Joe Bob has said he’ll be focusing on movies from the 70s and 80s, so I wanted to focus my viewing on newer releases/Shudder exclusives until after the marathon. It’ll be hard enough staying up for 24 hours without having just seen the films a week before.

Anyway, my first viewing on Shudder was 31 and I hated it. It amplified all of my least favorite things about Rob Zombie’s work (shaky camerawork, over the top annoying characters, horrendous dialog) and added nothing new. Lords of Salem wasn’t my favorite of his movies, but it at least felt like he was trying something different and was more interesting than the films he made around it. I’m excited that 3 from Hell is coming, but I’m worried that as a writer Zombie has fallen too far from when he gave those characters his best script in The Devil’s Rejects.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    sade and Natas like this.
  19. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

I'm mostly a fan of Zombie's movies, but 31 is my least favorite. While I'm here I'll rank them:

1. The Devil's Rejects
    2. Halloween II (sue me, I think this movie kicks ass, and the white horse doesn't annoy me)
    3. The Lords of Salem
    4. House of 1000 Corpses
    5. The Haunted World of El Superbeasto
    6. Halloween
    7. 31