Rob Zombie Halloween 2 Director cut??

Discussion in 'General' started by MrKateB, Jun 22, 2010.

1. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

umm...hopefully this hasn't already made the rounds, unless i did something wrong I DID try to search for it...Anyway, since I didn't find anything, I just read that Rob Zombie is prepping his director's version of Halloween 2... you can read about it here: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=12449

Personally, I envision Scout Taylor compton all over this, and I've just about had it with her...I don't even like seeing pictures of this bitch, let alone have to deal with her "acting style" one minute more. I'll pass.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

This isn't really new news and it should have been mentioned in the other big Halloween 2 threads. The director's cut has been out for quite awhile now.

That said, I dug it.

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I liked it better than the theater cut, but can't stand Compton or Moon and hate this film in all versions. The first act is decent but it's a shitfest from there out. As soon as teh dream ends, so does anything good about the film.

4. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Sorry---I followed a link to that site from here re: the Elvira news, and I should have checked the date re: the "news" about Halloween 2...I kind of stopped paying attention to stuff about the movie after I saw it, but I guess I should have tried searching a bit more in depth before coming to the conclusion there wasn't anything on it here.

My bad.

I still hate Scout Taylor Compton though---I'm not sorry for saying that.

5. bigdaddyhorse

Until I see her in something where I don't want to jump into the movie and kill her myself, I completely agree. She's the prime reason I can't stand H2, and my love for the first is lowering everytime I see it due to her not fucking dying. Maybe it's just the character, I'll give her the benefit this one time, but her Laurie I've wanted dead from the first frame she was in!

6. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Apparently, she dies in the director's cut of H2. I didn't make this connection until after watching it with Zombie's commentary where he blatantly says this. Apparently that last hallucination, at least in the director's cut, is supposed to be Laurie going to the afterlife, not her in the hospital, which is radically different from the theatrical. Still, though, if the director has to say something for a viewer to understand a part of his film, I don't think that's great filmmaking.

7. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I actually didn't mind Halloween 2 when i saw it in theaters. That said, i was loving the director's cut on Blu Ray until the different ending, which i hated so much I haven't revisited the movie since I first checked it out

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly.

9. bigdaddyhorse

If that's what he meant to convey, then yeah, failed completely. I never would've guessed that. Really bad filmmaking,
    and it could've been so much better with a scene clearly showing this. Fuzz the outside of the camera lens or something to hint that things are not what you see. Just piss-poor. I had no trouble understanding this (or just seeing it) in The Descent, and while I still wouldn't like the movie, I'd like it a lot more.

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Scout is hot as Lori. Chicks with issues... gotta love em.

11. bigdaddyhorse

I still don't care much for this movie, but did see Scout in another film called Love Ranch where not only did I not want to kill her, I wanted to meet and maybe eat her!

She also didn't make me hate her in The Runaways.

The evidence is in, it's the character I hate, not the actress. Sorry if I called you anything bad Scout, holla!;)