Rights to Halloween up for sale?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

He wouldn't be on death row for killing 16 people? Ok then

2. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

Urgh! Can we just forget part 2! Part 2 technically sent this series down the toilet because of the Laurie being related to Michael crap. Obviously they can't start from the end of 1 because Michael disappears, BUT in the end of part 2 he has no fucking eyes!!!

3. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Since the actor from part 2 is returning in the same role I assume that means they're accepting that almost 40 years have passed since the original events? That would put Michael Myers at nearly 60. I know 60 isn't "old" exactly but it hardly makes for spry killer of teens.

But it also says "the now 18-year-old child of one of Myers’ victims" which would put the timeline in the mid-90s at the latest. It's late so maybe I'm overthinking it but the timeline is not making sense to me. :confused:

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Why would that make it the latest? A man doesn't go through menopause. As long as he's still breathing he can still potentially have children.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Raises an interesting question as I could see either happening, depending on where the murders took place and what judge Mike gets. A psych ward sentence for killing 16 is possible with Mike's personality. Judging by the crime shows I watch, if he got life in prison he'd get paroled within 20 years anyway, so a psych ward might be better!:rolleyes:

6. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

7. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Yes, that's much too unrealistic for this series. Also, Hunter von Leer must be anxiously waiting beside his telephone right now for that call from Dimension Films.

8. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

If they're making a direct sequel to Halloween II then the next "complete" collection should only be 3 movies :p

9. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

I'd still like a sequel to Halloween 8: Resurrection (2002) at some point. It was left open-ended and it's been 13 years. If Moustapha Akkad hadn't died, I think we would have seen Halloween 9 by now.

10. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Halloween 4 is a direct sequel to part II

H20 is direct sequel to part II.

So now we get another direct sequel? We had our Jamie Lee return in H20, not sure what else there is to do with the storyline/characters. I love the first two films and a couple of the sequels are easy watches but I'm not sure I need more Halloween. If anything do a TV series a la Bates Motel. That, or put him in space, since that is the logical end to all franchises.

11. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Does Arnold show up from the future to prevent Michael from ever being born thus that night in Haddonfield never took place?

12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

:lol: I'd watch that movie.

I think it's cool to hear there's another Halloween film happening. The people working on it have made good films and I like the sound of the synopsis.

13. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

The premise is a bit insulting. There's almost zero chance Michael Myers could be tried for his murders, let alone convicted and sentenced to death. His status as an escaped mental patient that had been committed since he was 6 years old would almost certainly result in him being found unfit to stand trial or being found not guilty by reason of insanity.

14. Zombie Dude

I don't know, he is a serial killer and has escaped an institution before. Not to mention not showing any sign of improvement while in there. Would they really just put him back in one? Plus with public pressure it seems like a safe approach would be to put him on death row.

I think it sounds plausible. It also sounds like a good setting for some stalk and slash.

15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Eh, sounds weird... but couldn't possibly be any worse than the Zombie films. So Mike has a permanent un-removable "mask" on in death row? Surely there's gotta be some prison rape angle between Mike and Bubba too. :nervous:

I truly thought they'd do Halloween in Outer Space for the next one.

16. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

If Myers is on death row then perhaps it would be feasible to have some sort of 'Green Mile' storyline... Myers could be cured be the John Coffey character - Myers ends up in the electric chair but because the jail forgot to pay their electric bill the lights go out...
    Myers escapes and ends up in a nursing home where he remains forever looking after Aunt Sally (the staff and residents unaware of his past).
    Then when it turns Christmas we could have a Halloween/Black Christmas thing where Billy is terrorising the nursing home --- Meyers ends up getting Billy and saves the day. The President then grants a pardon to Myers and everyone lives happily ever after.

17. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

That could be an interesting way to approach it. Set Michael in a more "real" feeling world. Kind of like what Zombie did but from a contemporary retrospect. But you just watch, they will fuck it up. The entire set up will play out during the opening credits with panning shots, fisheye lenses and quick cuts and the film will start right at the moment the switch is pulled! :D

The best thing they could do is LEAVE THE ORIGINALS ALONE and surreptitiously pick up where Zombie's set up left off. They could make subtle reference to it (sister in a mental hospital somewhere undisclosed), but we know the story of Michael Myers at this point. Zombie's films left things carte blanche if you think about it. They could go anywhere they wanted, have Michael be a supernatural being and hit the ground running.

18. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

He got his eyes shot out, and got burned to crisps.
    And yet again, they are going to fuck up the continuity, just like part 4? :D

19. Zombie Dude

Whilst I don't know if I'd like the entire film to take place in a prison I also hope they don't waste using that setting like you say.

20. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

I'm just happy Zombie's movies will be ignored. I don't wanna see another Halloween movie set in that universe ever again.