Red Letter Day (2019) Bluray out now from Dread

Discussion in 'General' started by rhett, Nov 10, 2019.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Hey dudes, I know I haven't been around as much as I'd like these days, but part of the reason has been that I've been busy helping make a film with some of my best friends and collaborators. Last week finally saw the official release of RED LETTER DAY, a satirical horror film I shot as cinematographer and also helped produce along with another former reviewer here, Chunkblower.

[​IMG]

Highlighted by some bloody practical effects and a modern, satirical slant along the lines of other suburban nightmare movies like THE 'BURBS, RISKY BUSINESS, or BEETLEJUICE, I think it's a movie our little community would appreciate. I also was able to direct/shoot/edit the special features which should be especially interesting to you all, since I was able to interview Violet herself from FRIDAY THE 13TH, PART V: A NEW BEGINNING, Tiffany Helm (who has a small role in our film) and get her to open up in a candid 30-minute conversation about her career from her famous dance to eating disorders,working with Robert Altman, birthing Freddy Krueger's baby, getting fired from REFORM SCHOOL GIRLS and kissing John Stamos. That documentary, a lengthy making-of and even a commentary with yours truly, Chunkblower and the director, Cameron Macgowan, is all on the disc, I'd like to think after a decade plus of reviewing discs on here that I could finally give back and make some extras that I know horror fans would like to see, so I'd love to see what you guys all think if you're so inclined to pick it up.

After a festival run that had us playing all over the world Epic Pictures bought the US distribution rights under their new Dread label and the Bluray is available now directly from their website here:

https://epic-pictures.com/merchandise/red-letter-day-blu-ray

You can watch the film on streaming sites like iTunes, Xbox, Google Play, PlayStation Store and many other On Demand sites, but of course you don't get to see the extras I made and get our reversible cover art without getting the Bluray, so hope some of you who're interested would be able to check it out.

2. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Congrats, man!!!! Hope it does well. Going to try to catch soon.

rhett likes this.
  3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Yes, great achievement, looking forward to seeing it.

rhett likes this.
  4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Epic Pictures currently has a Black Friday sale for 50% off, making this only $9.99!

rhett likes this.
  5. rhett

rhett Administrator

Sounds like a great deal! :D

Please though, someone get the disc so I know I didn't make the Tiffany Helm doc just for myself!