Recomend me some good Horror podcast to listen to

Discussion in 'General' started by ThisEvilBastard, Jun 25, 2013.

1. ThisEvilBastard

ThisEvilBastard Banned Mofo

I need to have some good podcast to listen to

2. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

DobbyDoo - you've been on a My Little Pony CuCukachoo lately! What up?

4. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Anybody know of any good horror podcasts that may have popped up recently that are worth checking out? I finally had to give up on Deadpit. I used to love those guys and I don't know if any of you listen to them, but damn has that show dropped in quality recently. Don't get me wrong, they're nice guys, but Jesus Christ it's hard to listen to anymore. The new co-host is just attrocious adding nothing to the discussion except for the occasional "Yeah". I can't even call it a horror podcast because they talk more about wrestling than anything else and spend the majority of the show either asking for donations or Vudu codes or just complaining that there's nothing to talk about. I had to finally just let it go. Such a shame because that show used to be great.

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I've been listening to The Movie Crypt with Adam Green and Joe Lynch. It's more so about the movie industry than specifically about the horror genre, but both guys are genre directors and most of their guests are genre related. They post a new episode every Monday.

My only gripe is that Adam Green constantly repeats the same stories over and over, but aside from that, it's a terrific and informative listen.

6. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I enjoy the Horror 101 podcast: http://horror101.ca/

It has the traditional round table discussion about the movie at hand but also has voice overs cut with audio from the movie itself. It's done really well and the hosts actually talk about the movie rather than going on long tangents like other podcasts.

There's a few others that are decent. There is Radiodrome that features The Cinema Snob that is pretty good. However, the audio quality could be improved quite a bit. Also there is the Movie Crypt with Adam Green which is pretty good as well.

7. st3b

st3b New Member

Deadpit
    The Hysteria Continues
    Bloodbaths and Boomsticks

These are some of my favorites

8. factoflife

factoflife New Member

RetroMovieLove

I'll be a shameless self-promoter and recommend my friend Meep's great podcast RetroMovieLove, which I co-host semi-regularly. The show focuses on all kinds of movies from the '60s-'90s (with emphasis on the '70s and '80s), but everybody on it is a huge horror fan, and at least half of the episodes are horror focused.

Also check out Meep on Facebook for a lot of great horror stuff: Cinema Du Meep.

9. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

Inside the Industry with James Bartholet. The star of many horror parodies like Saw and Halloween. Not really horror but interesting.

10. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

"Dinner For Fiends" from dreadcentral.com

probably my favorite horror podcast on the internet.

11. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely check them out. Anything is better than listening to an hour of internet panhandling.

12. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

The Hysteria Continues has been the one podcast I have stuck with for over a year. Highly recommended!

13. DVDBone

DVDBone Member

I agree that The Hysteria Continues is one of the best. Justin and crew are always entertaining and knowledgable.

14. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Hysteria Continues is great, but it should be mentioned they only cover slasher films, so you will have to go elsewhere for other sub genres of horror. My two favourites are The Horror Etc. Podcast and Profondo Cinema (Although they cover more than the just horror). And although not on the same level, After Movie Diner Podcast is decent as well, although I sometimes fast forward his comedy bits, and the hosts hate for modern horror can be a little annoying at times.

15. jamesbrummel

jamesbrummel New Member

Daily Grindhouse is hit or miss, 35MM Heroes is not specifically horror but does cover some. It's my favorite movie podcast--while passionate and casual it does not sound like a bunch of frat boys goofing around, and even when they don't like a film they have a constructive insightful discussion.

I just listed to a pod about The Twilight People on (i forget which one, I will update) and was just insulted. They spent 1 HOUR ragging on the cheap spfx and "things that don't make any sense" that were actually their misreading of the film. Too bust making fun of the cheap makeup. That's a 5 minute capsule, not 1 hour show wasting my time.

Too many of these podcast have no editing, oh so much filler and banter I don't care about.

16. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Been listening to an entertaining podcast over the past year or so called 22 shots of moodz and horror. These guys watch everything and are a very good resource for finding those films that fly under the radar. They also put up a ton of youtube videos.

17. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Love Screamcast and also Monster Party, which is a bit more old school horror.

18. Horror_Boy

Horror_Boy Member

Yeah it's ironic the above poster st3b is actually the new host you referred to there as being awful on deadpit..Lol..Then he actually recommends deadpit as a podcast to listen to...Anyhoo yeah, the show began a decline around mid 2013 with the addition of Steve(st3b) as a more less permanent part of the show..Lots left then and some even left before that with the addition of jessco and place deadpit's downfall actually in 2012 as the show moved away from interviews, reviews and a more horror based theme to simply a rant or bullshit type of session on current events, ie..Politics, wrestling, gay marriage and even country music as CK became even more pussy whipped than Uncle Bill was..By 2014 the show was pretty much a relic waiting to be put out of it's misery and the decline continued into the next year as the show was basically un-recognizable by then to anyone who had listened to the show during it's hey day which was about 2007 until 2011..Plus Ck got a driver's license finally and started whispering like Anderson Cooper on the show and just dropped any kind of effort towards the show..I preferred the fat virgin ck with hair he was a much cooler dude...

Plus can't blame it all on them if you look back now the horror podcast thing was running on fumes for a lot of people by 2014 everything moved toward more live shows, like youtube etc..Plus the popularity of the genre started dropping around this same time and the buisness model moved more towards online, streaming and VOD..All the old shit has been discussed like a million times and the podcast thing is kinda "old hat" now...

19. Horror_Boy

Horror_Boy Member

Well ironically I have just realized the OP of this thread, thisevilbastard is in fact Brandon Lee or AKA "thefuckerfromhell" Who had a falling out war with Deadpit and was banned from there back in 2013 then sadly killed himself 3 years later...Crazy world.