Rabid Remake - Soska Sisters

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Jul 11, 2019.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The trailer for the Rabid remake is now available:

There is a UK blu-ray listing available for pre-order. Street date is October 7th.

Last I heard, Shout Factory had acquired the US rights. I would expect some kind of US release on or before then, probably via VOD.

hots4 and russweiss like this.
  2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

And the original is having a 2 disc re-release here in the UK, with limited edition slip and booklet, details here:

https://101-films-store.myshopify.c...d-edition?mc_cid=683f374a45&mc_eid=63a20a2725

Stige likes this.
  3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Well I can't say that looked good but some aspects seem interesting. I never liked the original film. This new one looks cheap judging from the trailer but I'm digging the mutation aspect. Looks like there's a Dead Ringers homage in there too with the red robed surgens.

4. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I've only seen the original once but I liked it. I want to see it again though. I remember it had a some social commentary in the movie. I didn't know the lead actress was an XXX star when I watched it. But the ending was sad. I see the actress who played Supergirl is in the remake. She was in another I think horror type TV show I never finished.

Also I like it when movies from different countries have a different feel. Or at least the locations in the original felt different when I watched it. Perhaps a bit familiar though too with some of the architecture. I thought the director sisters were remaking the other apartment movie with the hot nurse? Perhaps that's someone else. Both of these would be a good double feature for me to rewatch.