Question for those who saw I Know What You Did Last Summer

Discussion in 'General' started by Spacetraveler, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Spacetraveler

Spacetraveler Member

Spoilers warning

Just wondering how was the killer able to find out who the 4 teens are who hit him then tried to dump his body.
    1. If Ray didn't stop after hitting Ben and just kept driving, would Ben be able to find out who hit him?
    2. Was it Helen's crown that gave away their identity? I mean Ben may have looked in the papers to see who won the contest and saw Helen in the picture. But how did he track down the identity of her friends? Especially who Julie is and her address?
    3. Was Suzie Willis' death what set off the events in the series? I would think Ben was crossing the road after killing David Egan so if Suzie hadn't died then Ben would have not be out by that road that night.
    4. How do you think Ben survived the night he got hit? He was underwater the whole time Barry went to retrieve the crown and was still down there when they made the pact. He would have drowned being down there for that long.

2. Zollman

Zollman New Member

I never understood the killer's motive.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I thought the movie was just supernatural, and the killer came back from the dead....

4. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Really?! Cause, I can certainly see a motive.

If punk kids ran me over on the road and tried to dump my body in a lake/ocean cause they didn't want to get in trouble, revenge would probably be a solution I'd consider :D

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

That was the third movie.

6. Zombie Dude

God, don't remind me of that one :cry:

But yes I don't really recall how the fisher man survived being hit and thrown into the ocean. :confused:

7. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I did not even know there WAS a third one. I need to investigate, if only to satisfy my direct-to-video sequel curiosity.

8. DanceEnergy24

DanceEnergy24 New Member

The killer in the third movie is a ghost. Played by Don Shanks from Halloween 5 if I remember correctly.

9. Ptflea2

Be warned. It's complete gutter trash. It almost looks like they started filming a completely unrelated horror movie, ran out of idea's and in desperation, threw in the killer from IKWYDLS. It makes no sense and appears to be filmed in Utah, Colorado or some place not near the ocean :confused:

10. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Wait I always thought the guy they hit and the fisherman were two different people?? :confused:

11. Ptflea2

Same guy.

12. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

Good heavens! I haven't seen this since '97 or '98 but remember loving it. Especially the Sarah Michelle Gellar chase scene. Need to see this one again.

13. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Wasn't the killer the father of the guy they hit? Or was that part 2?

14. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

I think you may be reading into this just a tad bit more than anyone else ever has. It's like asking why Jason keeps coming back, he just...does.

But for the sake of humoring and since these are valid points in a film that otherwise is meant to take place in reality, here I go.

Question 1 and 2 are of the same creed; yes, it was the crown that would have at the very least given Helen's identity away. It's a small fishing village and it would not be hard to pinpoint who was friends with whom for anyone asking around. Which is probably why **SPOILER** Max fell victim to the fisherman as he probably assumed he was part of the ordeal - remember, his motive was revenge and he was slightly tapped to begin with after murdering someone else the night before so killing off a random person doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Yes, I think it's safe to say Suzie being killed sets things off - it's what makes the fisherman seek out David for...well, revenge - noticing a pattern here; and what puts him in the path of the teens who subsequently run him over presuming him dead.

Finally, the group was standing on a dock, a dock that Ben could have very easily gone under and popped his head up quietly underneath to be able to breathe. This could also be how he finds out who these kids are as he would hear them making their pact to never speak of the incident again. That or he's some super world class marine who can hold his breath for a long, long time.

Take whichever makes the most sense to you and run with it.

15. CPT HOOK

"Will Benson!

... BEN'S SON!"

:lol:

16. Zombie Dude

I love how much confusion is surrounding the killer :lol:

17. Zollman

Zollman New Member

Yeqh, but all they really did was cover up the murder he committed.
    By going after them, the fisherman makes it clear that Anne Hesch's brother didn't kill himself.

18. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

19. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

This is the moment in time wherein "Nilbog, it's Goblin spelled backwards" is vastly more clever and diabolical.

What you're thinking about is the boyfriend/fiance of the killer's daughter. The killer's motivation includes him having murdered another guy before the 4 teens hit him in the road. "That night" they hit him, he was cleaning up after murdering someone else.

In part 2, the killer's son was helping him to track down the 2 surviving teens who ran him over in the first movie.

What I think happened is that the killer heard a decent amount of the teens' squabbling while he laid on the ground. That he heard their names drifting in and out. It's one of those movies where they randomly scream things like "Julie? JULIE!!! Barry? BARRY?!" Etc. Hell, it's even possible that he asked around for information. He wouldn't bother hiding from everyone in the whole town if he had his own boat and everything.

As for the sequel... That makes no sense whatsoever. At all. Not even close. So very, very many questions. Like: does Jeffrey Combs know the "4 radio contest winners" got the Brazil question wrong? Why the fuck did he have such an attitude problem when someone else paid for their weekend? He still got paid. If he was expecting the weekend off, he would have mentioned that. He's one of those types. Yet, he didn't just sit and laugh at them not being able to enjoy the weekend? He just complained and acted bitchy. If they told the friggin' bag-man that they got the call-in question wrong, how did the killers know they weren't going to spread it around to everyone they knew? Someone would have figured it out and made them suspicious. What if Ray hadn't stopped the car but just driven around the body (another mannequin, by the way)? Or over it? I mean, it's really not out of the realm of possibility. He, well if he weren't in This Movie, would have been smart enough to know it's a trap or something. Something fishy about this. He could see it was a fisherman's slicker from the damn car / truck. If he were a smarter person, he would have been on that plane instead of "Will."

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  20. CPT HOOK