Psycho and Re-Animator

Discussion in 'General' started by pwrslave, May 7, 2006.

1. pwrslave

pwrslave New Member

Just watching the Psycho remake and is the opening song in this movie the exact as the one from Re-Animator? If not, sounds really similiar...weird!

2. Yeah, the opening song from the Psycho remake is the opening song from the original Psycho and Re-Animator ripped it off big time, but I still like it in both films.

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the title themes,then the PSYCHO main title(composed by Bernard Herrman) which was used in both the original film and the remake was obviously the inspiration for the REANIMATOR theme,but they are not exactly the same.It's obviously a riff on PSYCHO and is very close to it,but REANIMATOR's sort of disco version has different highs and lows that you can hear by listening to them back to back.It's obviously an homage to the famous Herrman track,its' just jazzed up a bit and tweaked so that it's bouncier and not an exact carbon of the original.

4. MrVess

MrVess Guest

There is no song in the beginning of either of the films. The opening theme, however, is an arrangement of Herrmann's "Logos" and "Finale". Richard Band never hides this fact - and it was his conscious decision. He proved many times that he can compose his own memorable and worthy themes from the scratch.

5. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I have the Reanimator soundtrack and in the notes, Richard Band talks about it. He said "When looking at this movie, the nature of the character of Herbert West is a psychotic sort of maniac, and behind him he has this driving force that the main title of PSYCHO fit him perfectly. Therefore, I used that has a base and modified the theme but kept that humoresque feeling. I put my own theme in it, but I wanted that momentum there to create that psychotic movement that described the Herbert West character."