Program Power/Lucky 13 releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Funktion, May 17, 2005.

1. Funktion

Funktion Member

A few years back a small company called Program Power released a few horror dvd's under the banner "Lucky 13", including Slaughterhouse, Evil Laugh, ...

The company seems to have vanished, but I noticed that a few online stores have new stocks of their releases.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what's the complete list of dvd's they released?

2. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

From what I remember,
    Accapulco Gold,
    Whitehouse Madness,
    Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh,
    Slaughterhouse,
    Evil Laugh,
    The Bone Yard,
    And the disc was ready for Teenagers Battle The Thing but they couldn't afford to have it pressed.

3. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Sorry,
    That's only the Lucky 13 ones, I seem to remember they had some other ranges like DVDs of Extreme Sports and Airplanes, and a series called "THAT'S BLACK ENTERTAINMENT"

4. Funktion

Funktion Member

Thanks.

On a side note, a fellow Thomas Dolby fan? :D

5. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Damn straight, maybe I'll see you at the White City sometime!

6. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

I recall they announced NIGHTMARE and CLASS REUNION MASSACRE.

7. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Yes that they did. One of their employees even e-mailed me a list of specs and told me they were recording a commentary with Scavolini. A few years later I heard that Scavolini heard nothing about this release, go figure.

8. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

They also announced The Slayer as well. I hope they didn't kick the bucket; I was really looking foward to The Slayer and Nightmare (overrated to be sure, but worth having anyways.)

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They did have a website, but it vanished quite awhile back. I heard they went under, but who knows. I haven't seen any new releases from them in ages though.

I do own these Program Power/Lucky 13 releases:

Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh
    Slaughterhouse
    Evil Laugh
    The Bone Yard

10. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Bruce H. was trying to get in touch with them, but I don't think he got any response.

11. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I hate the fact that these guys had the rights to Class Reunion Massacre and The Slayer. I love these two films, and now that this company is seemingly no more, it seems that these titles have gone down with the ship. :mad:

12. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Me too. I was looking foward to Class Reunion Massacre and The Slayer is an underrated gem IMO.

13. If anyone can get in contact with them, let me know. Through a guy who worked there, who name was Troy if I remember correctly. I had talked to him on the phone a few times and he seemed really cool. It was through him I got some cool shit from the director of Slaughterhouse. I sent a letter to Troy at PPE, and I got sent back from Rick Rosseler an autographed letter, and a autographed original one sheet of Slaughterhouse.