Pre-October/Halloween Movie Talk and Plans

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbilly, Sep 10, 2013.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I think they recently got rid of "queues" and changed it to "My List". It's the same thing. When you click on a title on your PS3, you should see an option for "Add To My List".

2. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

you might be right. I'll check when I get home.

3. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

If you're new to this in any way, if you want to get to the Master Genre lists, click (I really don't know how you work a PS3) on Watch Instantly in the list of options at the top. There'll be Drop Down Genres. You can pick horror from there.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

no, you don't have any of those options on a ps3, or even the tablet. the tablet version is a little bit better. i can actually add movies to my list that way, and the list appears in the scrolling options that make up the main page. however, on the ps3, the list does not appear. so basically, i can make a list on the tablet, then when i want to watch something, i can select from that list, then search for that specific title on my ps3 and actually watch the movie.

5. CPT HOOK

Yeah, the PS3 interface is different. You don't have any of the options at the top, it consists entirely of rows. There are rows for most of the genres with select titles, but you can't view their entire genre catalog the way you can online. You can search with the triangle button, but you're pretty much at their mercy when it comes to browsing.

However, on mine, the top row is "My List". You can't view it as a list the way you can online, you have to scroll left and right until you reach the position of the movie you want.

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

maybe it takes a little while to sync up? I just made the first entries into "my list" last night on the tablet. perhaps it will appear on the ps3 today? the tablet is a bit better, but still consists of rows. you can go to an entire page for each genre, and then it gives you rows of subcategories. I went to the horror genre and there were about 10 rows, with titles like "supernatural horror", "monster movies", and "slasher movies" etc, etc. opened things up quite a bit. also, whenever I would select a title it would give me 4 recommendations based on that title, which often led to stuff that wasn't in any of the rows. for example, there are a lot of jess franco titles available, which I was interested in. I may have to see if I can configure one of our laptops to run it as well, just to get a look at the entire catalogue though.

7. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

This is absolutely the best way to find what you're looking for on Netflix:

http://instantwatcher.com/

I use this on my home theater PC exclusively because Netflix's UI is turds.

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

thank you! that page is fantastic.

9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Me too, I enjoy the reviews. What I'm also looking forward to, is the October prize contests. Nothing like watching the prize pigs come out of the woodwork. Seriously, there should be a 100 post count and higher only to enter.

10. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

thanks, dude

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

If they do do comps this year then I definitely agree people who enter should have at least a 100 post count. The amount of randoms that end up winning is insulting to our little community here.

12. DVD-fanatic-9

Why wouldn't you already own a copy?? It's a genre essential.

13. CPT HOOK

This is such an awful movie, but I kind of love it. They used to air it on TNT's MonsterVision, along with a bunch of other APix movies like The Fear, Ice Cream Man, and Grim.

The main girl's strip tease in front of a group of horny construction workers is probably the hilarious highlight. I should watch it again on NetFlix, it has been years since I've seen it and the DVD is long out-of-print and ridiculously expensive.

14. DVD-fanatic-9

I never knew that- did the show switch to another network? I remember it kind of died in '98-99 when JBB started hosting classic movies and interviewing actors.

15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, Little Witches is pretty bad, but a ton of cheesy fun. I do own the OOP DVD... :evil: It's really quite surprising that they've never re-released it by now.

16. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I watched Ernest Scared Stupid!!

17. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I'm doing my usual watch horror movies until I'm sick of them....well only sick of them for a couple of days :)

I love this time of year and there's a whole bunch of new blu releases coming out that I can watch in October. Soooo much good stuff!!

Still need to update my zip.ca ziplist to all horror movies. Do enjoy doing that.

18. Cannibal Chris

Cannibal Chris New Member

I'm slowly getting more and more decorations up. This is my first year living in a house so I'm definitely taking advantage of it.

Over on my website and youtube I'm putting up more and more halloween content, I've got a lot of store reports up, planning on heading to Target monday.

19. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Anybody in the D.C./Maryland area should check out the AFI Silver Theater's slate for October and November.They are running a HORROR '73 festival,screening tons of 1973 released films on their 40th anniversary.Some of the titles are THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE,THE ASPHYX,THE VAULT OF HORROR,SISTERS,LEMORA:A CHILD'S TALE OF THE SUPERNATURAL,GANJA AND HESS,...AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS,THE CREEPING FLESH,TORSO (uncut),FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN,DON'T LOOK NOW,THE SATANIC RIGHTS OF DRACULA,MESSIAH OF EVIL,THE CRAZIES,THE KILLING KIND,THEATRE OF BLOOD and the newly restored THE WICKER MAN. Not part of the festival but also screenonng are GHOSTBUSTERS,the original NOSFERATU,SHAWN OF THE DEAD and BERBARIAN SOUND STUDIOS.The Silver is one of my favorite theaters (it was voted one of the best venues in the country)and it's a very ecclectic lineup,some rare ones there.Love to get up there.

20. DVD-fanatic-9

I tried to rewatch that a few years ago...

I broke.