Post your rare horror VHS finds here!

Discussion in 'General' started by RyanPC, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Franco

Franco Weekender

According to some sources (even some family on social media) she passed away on Jan 2015.
    But there're no official documents about it. The info found in the Internet is pretty vague.

Katatonia likes this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Probably this?: https://www.filmboards.com/board/p/2453183/

I saw that a few years ago. It sounds like her life was a living hell for years... if even a small percentage of any of that has some truth to it.

3. Franco

Franco Weekender

Yeah, definitely. I read that site as well as many others.
    In social media you can also find some public info as well:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFDrecNl2MB/ (In the comments of that link, that's Emily's niece writing, Lauren). She's mentioned in Emily's brother Eric's obituary. Eric was Lauren's father.). Emily's passing date seems to be Jan 11, 2015, just a few days after her 48th birthday.

Eric had a FB account as well. Can't see the content (probably restricted only to friends), except for some comments that were left public. One of those is this where he mentions her ("Em"). He's definitely talking about her since she was already in NY by those years, the "screenplay" word, and stuff:

[​IMG]

This matches what another relative of hers said in Twitter long ago: that she had no contact at all with her family for years, even no contact with his father (John Longstreth). He divorced Emily's mother when Emily was 2 years old.

The three of them (Eric, Emily and their mother) left this world between 2012 and 2015.

All this is really sad. Gone so young, all those problems, the way she passed away... :(

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    Katatonia likes this.
  4. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Well-Known Member

I bought one of these about 10-15 years ago for $5 . Someone on another site said I got ripped off and that the seller "saw me coming." I don't know how much it's worth now, but a lot more than five bucks.

[​IMG]

Mutilated Prey, Copyboy and wago70 like this.
  5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

It's worth between $90 and $125 USD, depending on condition.

Cooperkill likes this.
  6. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Well-Known Member

The case I have is banged up around the corners, but the cassette is fine. Not that I plan on selling it. I used to stare at that cover in the video store every time I went.

Copyboy likes this.
  7. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

That is awesome! I worked at a video store in the '90s and we had that VHS. I waited YEARS for those two movies to get a decent DVD or Blu Ray release but would love to have that old big box VHS on my shelf. Brings back SO many great memories.

Cooperkill likes this.
  8. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Good stuff! As soon as Scalps and Slayer came out on Blu I sold my VHS copies of this and the standalone Slayer and fetched around $225.

Cooperkill likes this.