Post Your Horror Collection (Replicas, Masks and Collectibles)

Discussion in 'General' started by Zombie Dude, Jul 4, 2013.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

3. startide

startide Member

:D Yeah. I guess once I thought about it it's only things that actually stand in a room that will do that. A mask is just a mask. My mannequin is basically the size of a small woman and stands just as tall (probably taller than me, depending how tall I've made her). It's that that freaks me out, a life size figure, standing in your room, in the dark!!

4. Zombie Dude

Yeah I totally understand how that can be terrifying. Not sure if I could have a lifesize mannequin in my room. I don't have enough room at the moment anyway :lol:

5. ImmortalSlasher

6. Zombie Dude

7. Hector83

Hector83 New Member

for fallon6190

for fallon6190 i saw you have a replica demons mask>>!!!!!
    you made it yourself.. i wanted too know if you make them.. i would love to knw and hw much?

8. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Do those masks come with the clothes?

9. Zombie Dude

Nah you have to go out and buy them and usually weather them yourself.

10. ImmortalSlasher

Sideshow Toys has a new Jason statue coming out. But it's from Part 3. The base has all the kill scenes around it. That's the best part. Yet I wish they made one from Part 6. They seem to stick to those early Friday the 13th movies. I think they made a Part 3 or Part 4 figure already.

Another Freddy statue is coming too but I haven't seen that yet. I need something classic Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street and it still hasn't been released yet.

11. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

My Jaws "Last Stand" resin kit I had professionally assembled and painted:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

My T-Rex VS Kong kit, also professionally built up and painted in a sepia tone.

[​IMG]

13. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

Those are beauties:)

14. Zombie Dude

Wow, thanks for posting those beautiful pieces SaviniFan! I particularly love the Kong one. Wish I had one!

As for Sideshow Collectibles, they release some lovely looking pieces that I'd love to own but their prices are simply ridiculous. I can't afford or justify their prices for statues and their Hot Toyz line. Then to top it off, I've seen people post pictures of their purchases that don't look anywhere near as good as the pictures SS posts on their site. If they're going to charge out the ass they should be making each piece they sell immaculate. So that also puts me off.

15. ImmortalSlasher

There are a bunch of recent statues and figures that I've been watching. Sideshow is having crazy problems releasing them like what they show and at times cancelling and "restarting" the project. On the horror Queen of the Dead statue, people are doing all kinds of returns. The Predator 2 statue was cancelled and refunded only to be started again. That Predator is way too much money for what they are offering anyway. Like $1000+.

16. Zombie Dude

Yea their prices are just stupid. I love a lot of what they're putting out but not their prices. The quality control issue is a big put off too. I was watching a forum on the lifesize Iron Man bust from Avengers and the final product looked rubbish compared to their official images. The paint looked cheap, a lot of them were cracking and it just looked like a disaster. That sort of thing shouldn't be happening, especially at the prices these people are paying. I've seen recasts of some Sideshow products that look better that the official ones.

17. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Anybody ever order from Crimson Mask Studios? I ordered a Part 5 Jason mask, and still haven't received it. I stopped buying masks because of all the shady business as well as I didn't have the room, but I impulsively purchased a Part 5 hockey during one of CMS promotions in March. When I emailed the guy, he said he had knee surgery and that my order would be shipped shortly. A month later still nothing.

I am getting a little ticked as he regularly posts promotional codes for a discount on masks, then right after, he posts a sob story complete with a hospital selfie and an explanation as to why he can't make masks. It's starting to be a pattern, so I am wondering if this guy is scamming the horror community or if he is indeed legit with just a string of bad luck.

18. Zombie Dude

Not heard of them sorry Chomp. Had a quick google search and couldn't find much info on them but your situation doesn't sound good. I'd be contacting PayPal (assuming you paid with them) if you still can. If this guy has issues going on he shouldn't still be selling and it's worrying that he's still listing stuff but you've got nothing yet.
    Hope it works out man.

19. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Sounds like massacre video drama you never learm Chomp.

20. ImmortalSlasher

I believe one of those Iron Man statues / busts had an upside down power area. That's how bad the quality checking is at times.

I saw an upcoming Friday the 13th part 6 figure from Neca. The scale of the clothes look off though making him look more doll like. But that could just be the prototype figure. Still I don't know why Neca would advertise him like that.

Never heard of them. But when companies / people start giving personal reasons for why a product hasn't shipped, that's the time I stop doing business with them and ask for my money back.