Post Your Horror Collection (Replicas, Masks and Collectibles)

Discussion in 'General' started by Zombie Dude, Jul 4, 2013.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I had to look up Stella Star. The actress is in a bunch of Hammer horror movies that I want to see. I have a feeling that I'll want a figure or statue of her as well. I was going to get the Hammer Glamour book when I start watching the movies.

hammer glamour.jpg

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Munro has been in a bunch of genre films and was a huge favorite of mine growing up. I saw Maniac and Starcrash in the theater. When I was a teenager I had these 8 x 10 photos framed up on my wall.

Caroline Munro Stills 12.JPG

3. ImmortalSlasher

Some might like these. I just watched House by the Cemetery in the October month. I haven't seen the other one from Zombie Holocaust yet.

[​IMG]

russweiss likes this.
  4. ImmortalSlasher

Well guys the fun is over. Sideshow decided to only allow people to hold their Rewards Points for a year. So no more collecting free money from Sideshow's yearly events and your purchase Rewards Points and holding those until that big statue purchase.

I mentioned in a few posts a while back that Sideshow had a new free points system during their events so only so many people could collect them. It was almost worthless to try. But now you might as well not bother with the free points. Even at best if you could get $20 or so dollars out of the free point codes. Now you would have to time those free points with whatever statues you purchase release date to be able to get anything free. With statue releases delayed at times it will become extremely difficult to rack up points.

Few people will be able to get up to $200 or more in free points unless they are buying tons of statues and figures from Sideshow every year. I believe you divide your statue price by 20 or 25 to get your Rewards Point dollar amount. A $500 statue will give you $25 or $20. So yeah the fun is over.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Is Sideshow aware of the state of the world right now? I bought their life size Grogu (Baby Yoda), but I think that's going to be it until they appreciate their repeat customers again.

6. ImmortalSlasher

The world is one of those things where some times people do well and others do poorly. And vice versa. Plus companies just want to make as much money as possible. And then the company will behave like their product is a drug that many people want and need. I have a feeling that Sideshow isn't doing poorly. They keep re-releasing characters and assuming those popular characters will sell out. I guess a lot of people want 3 or 4 Wolverine statues.

From their 12 Days Event:

https://www.sideshow.com/events/12-days-of-sideshow/

I'm not interested in much. If they make the three characters from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly then I'll get those. But a lot of those reveals are characters they have already made. Second or third Doctor Doom. Second Power Girl.

I would take a Jason at Crystal Lake statue. The only one made so far was that really expensive one from another company. And that was a Part 3 version.

7. ImmortalSlasher

I want to get at least one or two bust statues one day. I believe they are life sized. I tend not to like many because they end without nice bases. But Tweeterhead teased this Skeletor bust.

PreviewBanner-MOTU-Legends-LifeSizeBust-Skeletor-03_Feature.jpg

And the guy who worked at Sideshow on the previous Masters of the Universe line is now at Tweeterhead. The Sideshow Skeletor had a nice base so maybe they will work something with the Skeletor bust.

Skeletor Sideshow.jpg

m@ggot, Zombie Dude and russweiss like this.
  8. ImmortalSlasher

Sideshow has a Court of the Dead event coming up. Register and get $5 rewards points. No time limit it seems on the money.

https://www.sideshow.com/events/court-of-the-dead-day

I would assume the majority of people are using all their points this year. I see Sideshow basically reset the previous years points to start at January 1st 2021 so that they will expire at the end of the year. So get whatever easy points you can now. Perhaps I'll get a few of those Court of the Dead horror figures and items since they are low priced.

othervoice1 likes this.
  9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

10. ImmortalSlasher

I remember posting something about that one. But I believe I settled on this version before the Treat r Treat version was released.

https://www.thepuzzleboxmaker.com/

I think the guy posted here a few times. I remember seeing a coupon for a discount. Plus he sells it with the glass dome that you are looking for. I was going to get it for the October month but keep getting behind.

puzzle box.jpg

I've seen a few movable versions but the static versions seem to be the most detailed. The Trick or Treat version isn't from the original movie. When they announced it, I tried to find a site with the differences between versions but didn't have much luck. But I know I saw a post or something that noted the difference before between puzzle boxes.

Zombie Dude and Katatonia like this.
  11. Katatonia

There may be some subtle difference since it's from the Inferno prop, but it looks close enough to the original film's Lament design to me. The etching looks really precise in person, even better than the videos.

Yeah, the glass domes are $59.97 there... which is a little more than I really want to spend for one. This dome on ebay looks like it might work good enough.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  12. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Same version I have (along with another, cheaper version I don't remember the source of).

I originally had the Screamin' box, which is just a hollow glue it yourself kit, but it was about the only thing available at the time.

[​IMG]

Then I got the NECA box, which was a major quality step up but I found out much later was not built to last - the etchings were poorly applied and peeled off after several years.

[​IMG]

I was able to re-purpose the display glass for this one with the Puzzle Box Maker box, which is what I now have on display. Hopefully that will last longer than the NECA box (its been about 3 years so far).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Katatonia likes this.
  13. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

[​IMG]

Now Hellraiser Puzzle Box dice is something that you'd think would have been done far more often than they have. I've only seen the above (a very expensive and very limited release with a Monopoly set), a fair quality wood burned version by Angry Ogre Games (I tried ordering from them, they never sent anything and I had to contest the payment, and now about a year later appear to be out of business), a cheap plastic knock-off not worth having, and a couple of garage made one offs I've never seen go past the prototype phase.

A small Lament Configuration with dice pips seems like an obvious adaption, and getting a well designed pair is one of my collectible holy grails. Obviously they'd have to be wood or metal, plastic just won't cut it.

14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I got myself one of these as well. It is really nice but it does irk me that TOTS site images are not the same as the final product (they do this a lot). Their site shows a weathered box that looks a little more detailed than the released version. The version they're sending out is clean and shiny. It looks good but I just wish TOTS site would properly reflect the product they're sending out. It's pretty deceptive.

I'm also in the same boat with the display dome. I'm surprised how hard it is to find cheap ones.

Katatonia likes this.
  15. ImmortalSlasher

That ebay seller has a few different size glass domes. But that does seem like a good deal. I don't think the Puzzle Box guy posted here in a while. But I remember he posted a discount during the October month. I was going to try and get the box then. I believe his version came with a photo of the human Pinhead. But I don't need that.

That's sad. I just listened to a video on poor quality toys from NECA. How they always break.

Perhaps I might get the Trick r Treat version. I do want to get some Halloween 3 masks as well. I wish someone would compare the Puzzle Box version with the Trick r Treat version.

It's not surprising that prototypes or company made versions look different than the mass produced version. That seems to be the case with so many toys and prop replicas unless the company has the factory make the initial prototype. I believe either XM or Prime 1 Studio does that. That way if the factory can do better in production, they can.

Katatonia likes this.
  16. Katatonia

Even though the Trick or Treat version isn't aged, I still think it's a hell of a bargain for under $100. I think they're almost sold out direct...so then whatever is left in retail is all that's left.

This is still the "Lament" collectible that I value the most in my collection: https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/...om-hellraiser-will-make-you-cry-tears-of-joy/

Limited to just 87 for $450 direct at Clive Barker's store. I snagged one on ebay for nearly half that price along with a signed Clive Barker LE hardback book (that I already owned). I managed to flip the book straight away and sell it for close to $200... so I really only paid around $50 for the replica in the end. :cool:

I probably even shared it on here years back:

[​IMG]

17. Zombie Dude

For the price the TOTS version is very nice. It's half the cost of The Puzzlebox Maker ones. Granted the PBM ones look much better crafted, but I've always thought they were still on the really expensive side.
    Still, I'm sure TOTS knows their site images are deceptive. And the differences often go over what I would say is a reasonable difference in finish. I bought a Jody the Pig mask from them once and going off their site image I couldn't seen any noticeable eye slits for the wearer. I thought "nice, they've hidden these well". Got the mask and they cut holes right in the middle of the thing. I complained about it to them but they thought it was reasonable. Here's the pictures of the differences:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Katatonia likes this.
  18. ImmortalSlasher

I remember saving this image. I believe it was back when the Puzzle Box guy posted.

Yeah that's a major production difference. I just saw the first Amityville Horror. That pig looks scary. People would stop eating pork if they saw that.

Did you get any of the Halloween 3 masks? I think a guy here said he had some of their masks and said they were quality. But I just want the Halloween 3 masks for props not for wearing.

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  19. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I got the Halloween 3 pumpkin mask from Trick or Treat studios.....it's fucking awesome. I have it displayed...it's pretty solid latex and is strong enough to display without folding over if that makes. And I plan on making a scarecrow H3 hybrid costume this Halloween with it as its very wearable. Highly recommend!!! I look forward to getting the Skelton and Witch ones to make the whole set.

IMG_20210216_210834.jpg
    IMG_20210216_210843.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    ImmortalSlasher and Katatonia like this.
  20. Zombie Dude

Yeah I have all 3 Season of the Witch masks from TOTS. They are pretty nice indeed and look good pair together on a shelf.

Hey Natas, you should really stuff your masks you display to help keep their shape over time. Just using plastic bags works a treat.

Natas, russweiss and Katatonia like this.