Post Your Horror Collection (Replicas, Masks and Collectibles)

Discussion in 'General' started by Zombie Dude, Jul 4, 2013.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

With these I tend to not like the sexy ones that much. After all they are mostly male horror characters turned female. And most seem like cute cosplay versions that you see girls dress up like at conventions. I like the ones that are more possible as actual horror characters. That's why Chucky and this Pennywise work well to me. The Chucky is possible as a female version of the movie doll. And Kotobukiya did a good job replicating the packaging of the movie. She might as well be called Charlotte or Charlene. And Pennywise does change appearances. Both work well as cute figures with a scary horror secret.

The Pinhead one should have been good but they didn't get the pins small enough like the Sideshow Collectibles one managed to do. Ash is good. That one reminds me of Planet Terror. The Myers one is probably the worst for me.

I do wish they would make more actual female horror characters.

2. ImmortalSlasher

Sexy Leatherface.

Leatherface 1.jpg

Leatherface 2.jpg

Not for me. Maybe it's too much yellow. Or the boring face. They have another version in the works though. With two versions of Leatherface, I'm surprised that we don't have at least two versions of Jason.

3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Not for me either. Certainly don't find this statue sexy. If anything the pose makes her look a little heavy and the facial expression evokes a drugged up stupor.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Third down vote. Not digging that statue.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I agree, she looks heavy here and that face does nothing. Hell they could have given her some lipstick.

6. ImmortalSlasher

I'm fine with them attempting a more curvy body type. It could or should have a better pose with more swing to the chainsaw. And perhaps a more aggressive expression on her face. Not all of these will be hits but maybe they will start a Part 2 / Sequel themed line up for some. I found this site that has a listing for all them so far.

https://myfigurecollection.net/entry/105896

They have re-released Jason and Freddy. But they could make a Part 2 Jason, the girl from the last Evil Dead movie, Kirsty Cotton, Halloween 3 Ellie Grimbridge with the final scene twist. With no San Diego Comic Convention or New York Comic Con I think, Kotobukiya will show something online of the next one soon I guess.

7. Zombie Dude

I think it's the baggy shirt and apron that are making her appear more heavy set. The pose is also bland and unappealing.

8. ImmortalSlasher

She's not Kardashian curvy but definitely more than I think any other Kotobukiya horror bishoujo figure.

Leatherface.jpg

The Leatherface suit version just looks a bit sloppy with the broken shirt and bra. But with color you never know.

Leatherface 2.jpeg

But perhaps Leatherface isn't the best sell for me. I'm not too fond of the redneck horror type movie. All the Texas Chainsaw movies I've only seen once. The original. The remake. And I think a sequel to the remake. I still haven't seen the 3D one, which I want to see in 3D. But I never liked the idea of these backwoods and backwards areas of America that make people believe they need to be fully armed if they leave the cities.

9. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Equal opportunity. Plenty of films make people believe you need to be fully armed if you go to the inner cities.

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Well now that I can get behind.:cool:

11. ImmortalSlasher

Alien decisions. Prime 1 Studio just put up a pre-order for the Aliens version of the iconic creature.

aliens.jpg

There are so many Alien statues out there. I think I'm deciding between all of these.

alien.jpg

alien scorpion.jpg

Alien Queen is not a possibility because it will definitely be too expensive. But nice for those that have the space and want the end all Aliens piece.

This old Sideshow one is still really nice.

The Scorpion version is kind of close to the same feel with the pose and setup.

I'll figure out one to get some time when all this virus stuff clears up as the one and only Alien statue I will need. I don't have the space or money to do this still awesome Alien and Predator room. Seems like people have caught on to this video. I remember the views were pretty low back when I originally saw it. I saved this and still watch it for inspiration.

But with these statues, I don't think there is much more that they can do. Originally I didn't notice the difference in the Alien design from the original to the Aliens version. But I think I prefer the Aliens version just because if I had to pick a favorite movie of the two it would be Aliens. But also I think I saw Aliens before Alien.

Yeah but at least there is the possibility of the cops showing up. Although I read there are areas in some cities where the cops won't go. I remember being in a bad area at night once that felt desolate like a western movie with garbage blowing around and chain fences protecting the stores.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    russweiss likes this.
  12. ImmortalSlasher

Sideshow Collectibles is still having a San Diego Comic Con display. Just at their offices. Sign up to get rewards money towards statues or figures. And other stuff.

https://www.sideshow.com/events/sideshow-con-2020

The days of the reveals being really exciting ended a few years ago when Sideshow would take photos / videos and post before fans could get early access to the booth. Sure they will attempt to show the statues and figures in the best light. But there was something fun about fans posting early pictures and videos. There wasn't much competition in the larger quarter scale statues either back then so that made the reveals better too.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  13. Zombie Dude

I think my The Child (aka baby Yoda) life size figure should be shipping next month. Looking forward to seeing how that looks in person.

buck135 likes this.
  14. ImmortalSlasher

I still haven't seen that show yet. I have a feeling I'll probably get the Hot Toys figure if it's good.

the-mandalorian-and-the-child-deluxe_star-wars_gallery_5e72501713771.jpg

Zombie Dude likes this.