Post Your Horror Collection (Replicas, Masks and Collectibles)

Discussion in 'General' started by Zombie Dude, Jul 4, 2013.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

More Alien and Predator statue options. I like the comic one that I posted above a bit more than this recent one. Probably because of the eggs, acid, and company logo stuff. I don't know why the cat is one this new one as there weren't two Aliens in the original movie. The new Predator is cool though. I saw somewhere that another Predator with a spear is in the works. I can't remember from which company. They showed a teaser of the statue from behind.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That Alien one is stunning. I'd totally buy that but I can just imagine it's big $$$.

3. ImmortalSlasher

Only a few of their statues are worldwide licenses. If Alien isn't I'm sure it will be even more to get it to where you are. Actually you are close or might be considered in the Asia region. Or Oceania. So you might be on their list for statues. I know the United States isn't for most of their stuff.

4. ImmortalSlasher

I saw this Succubus character while looking at statue pictures from the recent foreign conventions. Pretty good for a Halloween type girl statue.

succubus ekon studio mars studio sculpt.jpg

buck135 likes this.
  5. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Back in 1995 I went to my first Chiller Theatre where Jess Franco and Lina Romay were guests. Alongside the advertisements for them was mention of a chance to purchase a Killer Barby doll from them. I didn't meet them because I wasn't yet familiar with their work and have long regretted passing on what would be my one chance to meet them and get autographs. Today at Chiller Theatre this was on the table of a vendor I sometimes buy from:
    [​IMG]
    A sealed Killer Barby doll. As soon as I picked it up the guy mentioned that he had gotten it at a Chiller Theatre long ago and I bought it without closely inspecting it, only after I got home did I bother to look at the back of the label:
    [​IMG]
    If that's what I think it is then I feel almost as if I have just reached back into the past and partially corrected a mistake because this is probably from that same show. I'm not getting my hopes up (too much...) as it could always be a fake or something else even though I do trust the seller and it does look similar to the one example of a Franco autograph that I could find (see the top left corner of the back of those Ascot Elite BDs). :]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  6. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I've got a Franco autograph, and that looks legit. If you ever decide to part with that - consider me a buyer, seriously. ;)

f.ramses likes this.
  7. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Glad to hear that, I was hoping that someone with a Franco autograph would see this and compare it to what they had. Thanks!
    If I ever decide to get rid of it I'll let you know but it's doubtful I will.

8. ImmortalSlasher

I just saw on the Statue Forum that Kotobukiya released a bloody variant of their female Ash figure. These variants are usually worth more than the normal versions when they sell out. The person there posted a picture of both figures. I think the bloody version is the one to get. I'm putting in an order. You can only get the figure at Hot Topic stores. I was going to hold off and get both the Ash and female Pinhead together next year. But I don't want to have to pay ebay prices if this sells out.

ash kotobukiya bloody variant compared.jpg

baggio likes this.
  9. ImmortalSlasher

$1,400 for the deluxe Alien with an extra egg. I don't think I'll need that. $1,300 for the normal. This is a comic Alien. The scorpion version from a cover that I need to look up.

[​IMG]

baggio likes this.
  10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Wow, at $1,300 the extra is just another egg for $100? Seems like other add ons are a lot cooler and on statues less expensive!

11. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Even if that is full scale the price point would knock out almost all collectors.

12. ImmortalSlasher

I think years ago the add on pieces were better. Recently I haven't seen any good exclusive statues that are worth early pre-ordering.

Prices have been going up for a while. I think Sideshow Collectibles is at a solid $600 now for a normal statue. I just checked their blog and Thursday's two statues are at or around $600. At least that Scorpion Alien is a movie statue with I believe a high licensing cost. All the Alien pieces are pretty expensive.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/brands/alien/

13. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Cropsy kit is done.
    burningkit.jpg

othervoice1 likes this.
  14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Funhouse kit is done as well.
    funhousekit.jpg

Natas and othervoice1 like this.