Petition for Halloween 6 Producer's Cut

Discussion in 'General' started by Cooperkill, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Sweet, I signed it and sent the link to a few FB friends :)

We need a few more of these. The ones that come to mind are:

RZ Halloween II - Apparently he shot an extensive amount of behind the sense footage which from what I remember reading was already cut into a doco yet never released on the H2 disc.

Nightmare on Elm Street remake - By the sounds of what I've read it seems the cut we ended up with was a producers cut which sucked a big load of balls. I'd love to see the film as the director intended which judging by all the footage I've seen looked a great deal better and interesting.

The Thing prequel - Basically I want to see the film released in a cut that has all the practical effects back in. They shot with those effects so they should be on the negatives to this. It's insulting to fans and lovers of practical effects in general that these wonderful effects go unseen.

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'd sign the thing prequel petition in a heartbeat I was blown away but some of the practical effects work available and quite upset how they used mostly shitty CGI in the final film.

4. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Who'd release it? Alliance Atlantis or ... Echo Bridge?

:D

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'd imagine most fans would want this as well as the special FX artists who worked on the film, so it seems odd that nothing has come of this. :(

6. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

After what happened with MY BLOODY VALENTINE and NIGHTBREED, I believe that this kind of attention can indeed bring about positive results. Count me in.

7. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

If the fans gave Echo Bridge all of the money to do it, and do it right, they'd still screw it up.

8. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

When it comes to Echo Bridge, they're now 60% good 40% lackluster. I mean they released a great edition of Godzilla Vs. Biolante. So maybe they same can apply to the H6 Producer's Cut and maybe Daniel Ferrands can supervise it.

That said, I did signed it.

9. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Tbh I'm surprised they haven't released it there's money to be made here.

Personally though from seeing what it basically is (I have that version that sone fans made into a DVD) I would have zero interest in watching it again. I thought it was pretty rap and I actually prefer the version of Halloween 6 we got.

10. Dbone

Dbone New Member

Dimension have been promising for the past 10 years that they would "look into" releasing this version. Believe me, this isn't the first petition about this movie. I've been signing petitions for this goddamn movie for over 10 years! I highly doubt they will ever release it. There needs to be a better distributor (who actually cares) for the Miramax/Dimension catalog titles. Anchor Bay does a lovely job with the Weinstein Company releases.