Paranormal Activity 3 Trailer Is Here!

Discussion in 'General' started by Hatchetwarrior, Jul 21, 2011.

1. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I gotta admit I liked the first one but with number two there is only so many times you can use the same scares without it bcoming predictable & sad.

2. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

This looks awful and doesn't even make sense. The two protagonists of the first one decided to start filming the phenomena on the fly. Why the Hell is there footage from 1988 which wasn't mentioned before? The first film was good on the first viewing but didn't hold up, the second was god awful, this one will suck ass too. The thing that made the whole first one scary was the unknown and randomness of the situation. The second flick wrecked the demon like Michal Myers was wrecked in Halloween 2 (all though I love H2, it's a good comparison). Next we're gonna have Paranormal Activity 4 which is all footage the demon filmed during the first movie :/

3. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Damn, they are milking the shit out of this franchise. I guess this is picking up where the Saw series left off where their just going to haphazardly dump a more and more ridiculous entry every October? I hated the first one. Bored me out of my skull. And it seems that everyone who hated the original and voices as much is openly scathed for not being able to apprecite the "less is more" approach and is guilty of just wanting mindless blood and guts flicks. No, not really, the movie just flat out sucked. How this movie makes millions upon millions and movies that create suspense creatively (see "Session 9") instead of just making loud noises in the dark still fly under the radar is just mind numbing to me.

4. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I enjoyed the first two, and I'll be there opening weekend for this one. 'Cuz half the fun is seeing these in a theater packed w/ screaming teenyboppers. :evil:

And what's this about "ruining" a horror antagonist if they have family ties to the victims? Do you really expect to get home from the theater and find Michael Myers waiting for you in your house? Really? Are Jaws and Alien also not scary because the setting of those movies means it can't happen to you?

5. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

It'll make money and they'll keep pooping them out until it doesn't. I can dig that. It's like the Gravi-Tron ride at the fair. I don't expect it to do anything other than make me a little nauseous but since I'm in the neighborhood :banana:

6. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

an official clip is now available!

Click Here

7. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed part 1 and thought 2 was ok. I don't like the idea of this being another prequel that messes with the established continuity, however I love the idea of a period piece found footage movie. This'll most likely be the only horror film I watch theatrically in October.

8. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

9. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Somewhat related note, I was in Wal-mart and they had quite a few Paramount DVDs and Blu-rays that came with a $10 coupon to see this new film. The DVDs were only $7.50 while the blus were $10! Oddly enough, some of the discs included the F13th films! lol

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Yeah I'm with you man. Loved the first one (original cut). Second one was even better. Bring on 3. I'll admit I'm skeptical they can continually achieve what they did in the first two, but I'll definitely give them the benefit of doubt.

11. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    The You Tube ghost story's biggest strength for me is the notion that it can happen to anyone. This worked for me when I watched THE EXORCIST. When the producers start the milk the story and characters as such, it just loses its scare strength FOR ME.
    Yes, JAWS could happen to me because I live by the Pacific Ocean where there are plenty of great whites. ALIEN is an absolute nightmare no matter where it's set. Those are real movies, classics and deservedly so.
    When you watch a You Tube horror flick you are constantly watching the entire frame looking for something as you know the characters are doomed. It's frightening and fun...but the expanding of the background on the characters like this takes away from that reality feeling. It doesn't work for me in being scary. The HALLOWEEN films did that as well. Yes, there can be a Michael Myers ANYWHERE and it's so scary to think about...until you realize that as long as you stay away from his relatives, you're okay.
    For the PA films, I think a different situation and different characters for each film would have been great.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  12. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

My theater has both 10:00 and midnight showings on tonight, so I guess a few of you saw it already.

Thoughts? Complaints? Rants?

13. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Loved the first and liked the second. Enjoyed the third more than the 2nd film. A few of the scares actually got me and I loved the ending.

If you're a fan, you'll probably dig it.

14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I love how good the footage looks for a film apparently taking place in the 80's. What a joke.

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Don't answer the door for any candy grams.

16. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I love that!

17. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Really enjoyed this one allot. I agree with MisterTwister maybe not as good as the first but I would put it over part 2. There was a ton f scares in this one, maybe a few too many and the ending was Iffy but I still loved it. I also didn't mind that the footage looked better then what you would expect. Sure it was suppose to be a 23 year old VHS tape, set to 6hr recording time. I was expecting that though. Kind of like how night scenes in films are way brighter then reality. You have to compromise somewhat.

I also liked how the Bloody Marry footage in the trailer wasn't even in the film. I kept me guessing even more.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  18. DVDBone

DVDBone Member

I saw this last night and was surprised by how much footage from the trailers was not in the movie. And the last act seemed like a completely different movie which makes me wonder if the studio forced some late reshoots. Regardless, I still liked it much better than part 2 and it had its fair share of good jump scares.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  19. rhett

rhett Administrator

I've never really loved any of these movies, but as another horror experience in the "catch and release" mold of build up and payoff it was entertaining enough. Still, with every film I've found the formula tires and that I'm left feeling hollowed by the time the lights come up. Three films in now, I can't help but feel there needs to be more meat behind all the HOLY FUCK IS THAT A SHADOW IN THE BACKGROUND scares.

Like in this one, the only backstory we get is that there was a picture in this book of a coven of women and the only reason we get that is so that as the movie ends we get a scare of a coven of women approaching the dad.

20. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I'm with rhett, the formula is tired now, and there needs to be more than "Oh shit, a shadow" or "Oh shit, stuff moved!". They try to inject some backstory into this one, but it's still so vague it feels like a tacked-on afterthought. I'll admit I enjoyed that the characters actually seemed moderately brighter than those in the first 2 (though, that wouldn't be hard) and I think I did enjoy it more than either, but at this point (2 sequels and several knockoffs later) it feels stale and predictable...