One Nite in Mongkok

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by dwatts, May 14, 2006.

1. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Just watched this one, the DVD is R0 from the Tartan in the UK.

Interesting little cop thriller this one. Two sons of gang leaders get into a fight, and one of them dies. As revenge, the father hires a hit man from a distant village to come and kill the murderers father. The cops are hot on the trail of just about everyone.

Pretty basic thriller this. There's a brutal beating at the end of the film, and a quite effective - and emotional - finale. Plot wise don't expect anything new. However, two things make the film more interesting than it might otherwise have been. Firstly the locations (Hon Kong) are pretty interesting. Apparently Mongkok is the most densely populated place on Earth - judging by this film, I believe it. Secondly, the soundtrack is quite superb as well. The DTS track here is clear as a bell and is used to good effect.

If you're into thrillers without too much gun play, this is a film you might well want to check out. As I said, the plot isn't anything too original, but it kept me entertained throughout, and I'm glad I've seen it.

2. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

3. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

See - Bangkok and Mongkok are like, different places :D You sound Irish, you even type with an accent. :D

4. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Jealous because it couldn't be oppressed by your empire Bingham?

5. Luna

Luna Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

6. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

--Jealous because it couldn't be oppressed by your empire Bingham?--

Don't start :(

:lol: