Once again, your opinions on these movies

Discussion in 'General' started by spawningblue, Sep 25, 2007.

1. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

DDD has lower prices on all those titles.

2. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Absolute must buys:

The Burning
    Prom Night
    Re-Animator
    Terror Train
    House on Sorority Row

Like some others, I didn't think much of Just Before Dawn but I've been meaning to give it another chance.

3. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

they are all good movies but i'd have to say if are are conserned with quality then i'd be interested to know which versions of alot of these discs are that you are thinking about buying. for example, i have seen prom night at walgreens for 1.99 but it's some off the wall company that is sure to be a full screen pan and scan version.

4. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I ordered them from DVD Pacific, who was a couple dollars cheaper then DDD on every DVD, except He Knows You're Alone. It's American prices, but like someone on here mentioned, our dollar is pretty much equal right now, so it's a great time for Canadians to order online.

As for quality, that is a huge thing for me and I always try to get the best version, including extras. I am crazy like that in that i always have to have the best version even if it is a lot more, hence why i ordered Behind the Mask from DDD, as you get the mask, and the Re-Animator with the highlighter. I know a lot of it is useless crap to get more money, but what can i say, I'm a sucker. And yes, I ordered the new Prom Night disc. I always check on here to find out the best version to get, except I only buy North American discs, don't know why?

Anyways, I put my order in and as usual spent more then i wanted to and pretty much got them all. The only ones I didn't get were From Beyond and Just Before Dawn as they were a bit more then the others. That and I can get From Beyond here from a music store for $15 so... Thanks for everyone's opinions as they are always helpful! You guys rock!

5. gore

gore Guest

I would say they are all worth buying at those prices. Except for Terror Train, that is one slasher that gets a lot of praise on this site but is just ugg.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2007
  6. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

And Prom Night, which I can't get into at all. I bought the thing, traded it away - and then bought it again to give it another go.... same result. Dull. Surely the one LOL dance scene is on Youtube.... be done with that....

7. 3invertednines

3invertednines New Member

Trick or Treat for 4 bucks is a great deal! I'd pay that to see Skippy taking down a bunch of jocks. And to see records being played backwards. It's a fun movie, but I think it helps to be into metal music to enjoy it :)

8. Dbone

Dbone Guest

Yea, I order from DD alot, but it seems like their stock runs down really quick. Everytime i place an order I end up having to wait for them to restock. I know, I know it's not like waiting a week or two will kill me, but when I want something I want it ASAP.

9. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Again as I stated above, DVD Pacific where I ordered from, was cheaper on every disc by a couple of dollars, at least, then DDD. I used to order from DDD a lot but had too many problems, and since Pacific is a lot cheaper, it makes even more sense.

10. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

House on Sorority Row has been discontinued by Elite, unless another company gots a new one out. a great steal, plus look for the Elite version of Mutant.