Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - end music?

Discussion in 'General' started by Doombear, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Doombear

Doombear Member

There was a different song on the end credits of "A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge" DVD, which was Bing Crosby's "Did You Ever See A Dream Walking" - the VHS seemed to only have the Christopher Young instrumental score. Anybody else notice this? I wonder what music was on the theatrical version?

2. rhett

rhett Administrator

I can't speak from experience, but I'd imagine the Crosby song was theatrical, since it would cost a lot more to use that than it would the score, which would explain why it was omitted from the VHS, and secondly, why would it be added later if it were never intended? I have a bunch of VHS tapes from that era like WAYNE'S WORLD and LITTLE DARLINGS that take out a single pop song here and there and replace it with score for monetary purposes. But not having seen FREDDY'S REVENGE theatrically, I can't give a definitive.

3. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Yes indeed the theatrical version did have the Crosby song. I remember noticing when I saw it in theaters.

4. I noticed LOTS of differences between the DVDs of NOES and the VHS Media releases (At one point I owned all of 'em).

Another noticeable difference is NOES 3, the scene in the beginning where Kristen is making the stick Elm Street house and puts on music to keep her awake. Its been a while, but I believe the DVD has a rock tune while the VHS had some weird scoreish/rockish song.

There's also been talk the NOES 5 VHS was "longer" (by seconds at the most, but more gore), while the DVD is the R theatrical cut.

5. VenicuS

VenicuS Guest

Yeah, Dokken's tune "Into the Fire" was removed, for whatever reason from that scene in the VHS release (I recall it missing from the cable broadcasts as well). I could only figure it as some licensing issue, even though Dokken performed the theme song "Dream Warriors". I was glad to see it restored in the DVD, though. I love that song.

6. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Into the Fire is one of the best songs ever. \m/

7. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Yeah on the DVD its Mr Sandman but on the VHS its the much better music from the film.

8. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I've not watched my DVD of PART 3 yet (although I've had it for years), but I really liked that sequence with the Dokken song. My Elite laserdisc had NO MUSIC in that sequence (as I recall) which was awkward.

In Part 2 - I recall the "...Dream walking" song...and getting Deja Vu when they used that song for the closing credits of LADY IN WHITE.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  9. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

rokken with dokken!

10. just for the record NOES 2 is awesome... a truly worthy sequel i think.

11. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

:D agreed

12. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Damn cherry bombs.

13. Buddusky

Buddusky New Member

Universal did the same with The Thing in the scene where Nauls is listening to the song Superstition on the old CIC UK version it was chaged to a song called One Chain Don' t Make No Prison. They also didi it with Wierd Sience on the old video release like taking out the song Pretty Woman and the Rocky tune near the end of the movie. As mentioned the old Freddy's Revenge also had the Big Crosby song absent from the old Warner release but as far as I'm aware they all have the original score added back into the films now.

14. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

and that dialogue from Part 4 in the scene where Alice goes to the "Dream Theater" and on DVD, there are no voices on the movie screen, but the subtitles tell you what they were saying.