Next deepdiscount.com sale?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spacetraveler, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Spacetraveler

Spacetraveler Member

Anyone know when deepdiscount.com will be having a sale? I'm waiting for that to get Castle Season 2 at a good price. Thanks!

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They're always having various sales. If you mean the 25% off sale, it's probably in May...but not everything is always discounted in that sale anymore.

3. Spacetraveler

Spacetraveler Member

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Deep Discount isn't what it used to be. Even during their semi-annual sales you may be disappointed to find that their sale price for what you're looking for is higher than the regular price somewhere else like Amazon. Best Buy also regularly has great sales on TV box sets so it's in your best interest to check out their site on a weekly basis.

5. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

^^Is deepdiscount the cheapest for everything all of the time? No. But if you are patient you will eventually find that they'll be cheaper than just about everyone at some point in a given year. If not directly, they often have save $5 off any purchase. I have about 3 dozen items on my Wishlist and when their big sales hit, at least half of them qualify. I still end up spending about $100 every time one of their big sales hit.

6. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Their shipping has gotten a lot better too. I stopped ordering from them at one point cause it would literally take a month to get to my door. I know at the time their shipping was free, but it still wasn't worth it. I don't mind paying their .99 shipping charge now cause their delivery time has vastly improved.

7. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

The same is also true about every other site online in relation to Deep Discount. If you're interested in a TV series like Castle then it may interest you to know that box sets often go on sale for $20 or less at Best Buy or Target. Target often has the best deals imaginable with their two fer packs. (I recently got Seasons 3 and 4 of Saturday Night Live for only $15. Let's see Deep Discount beat that!) There's no point in keeping all of your eggs in one basket, just keep an eye out for the best deal.

8. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

There is a 15% off all orders using code Autumn. The sale is good through the 24th at Noon Central Time.

Katatonia, wago70 and X-human like this.
  9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

You really gotta watch the prices now though. I looked on ebay and was able to order what I needed for almost $9 cheaper through Blowitoutahere (15% off with 2+ items) than Deep Discount had with the code currently.

10. russweiss

Always a good idea. I check Amazon and Ebay on a regular basis for my wanted list. DD does sometimes have the better pricing and I was able to pick up 8 titles.

11. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

15% discount is basically no tax. When sites talk discounts, I don't purchase until they start in the 20% to 25% off area.

12. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    It was cool with me - I ordered the latest blus of "Tourist Trap", "Shivers", "Elvira", "Curse of the Undead" and "The Mad Magician" for the cheapest prices I've been able to get 'em at. Thanks for the heads up! Most were not in stock at the time of order BUT that doesn't matter to me. I've got time for those little classix.

13. russweiss

Curse of the Undead was one of the titles I picked up as well. He Came From the Swamp was about half the price as Amazon so I also picked that up.

You really need to look at individual titles and not the 15% off. DD had some of the lowest prices I've seen even before the discount.

14. russweiss

X-human likes this.
  15. russweiss

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Maybe I'll just say this here, but over on Blu-ray.com ClassicFlix said they only have 130 copies left of the 2500 Africa Screams: Special Limited Editions. So I imagine it'll be sold out soon everywhere; especially with the Holidays. With the 15% off it's only $26.57 which is the best deal bar none and is enough for free S&H.

I suspect the difference maker will be "One pair of replica Super-Sight 3-D glasses" between editions but who knows? It costs money to redesign discs so it's rare to have less extras from single disc releases on subsequent editions. But for horror fans the Abbott and Costello radio show with Bela Lugosi (the complete recording session as transcribed on February 23, 1948 and the final broadcast master of May 5, 1948) is the real treat with the unedited original onset recording; a true find.

I wouldn't want to miss it and picked it up along with Daughters of Darkness; hoping to get that eye popping slip cover even if it's on back order (BU seems to print a ton thankfully so I like my chances).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    othervoice1 and fattyjoe37 like this.
  17. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

Sweet! Picked up the "Dawn of the Dead" remake and "Urban Legends". :D

18. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

FYI Deep Discount is carrying the new Imprint Films Australian Blu-rays. What's been released so far has been region free and really expensive to order direct from the distributor because of shipping. I tried to get Danger: Diabolik (exclusive extras) and Fire in the Sky (only Blu worldwide) direct and it was gonna be $100. Got them from DD with the 15% off and they were about $28 each.

X-human likes this.
  19. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I ordered Daughters of Darkness 4k even though it is on back order - it is hard to get a decent price on that one so I can wait