News of 4K Restoration of Suspiria

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Harry Warden, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Wow, this is a big surprise. I never imagined seeing a 4k Synapse release before bigger labels starting doing it.
    I have the limited UK 4k Steelbook. It'll be amazing to see this with the colour correction in 4k. Dolby Atmos too, should sound unreal :eek:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Steel76 likes this.
  2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS ACTUALLY HITTING 4K UHD.

I’m so glad I decided to go 4K last fall I never thought that within the span of about a year we’d get 4K releases of Evil Dead 1 and 2, Hannibal, Halloween, Escape From New York, They Live, The Fog, Prince of Darkness, Christine, First Blood, Stand By Me, Alien and upcoming titles like The Shining and Gremlins. And now Suspiria gets announced.

I paid almost $100 CDN for the Synapse steelbook a few years ago and fuck me if I’m not about to slap down more money for it all over again. I adore this film.

Suspiria in native 2160p UHD. What a time to be alive.

~Matt

Angelman and Steel76 like this.
  3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Fuck me running, I didn't even unwrap my Steelbook because I got to watch it at Flashback Weekend. And they optimized it for HDR which would be glorious. I may keep the Synapse disc but I'll probably dump the Cult Films Steelbook now.

My beloved Plasma developed a green line last month so I'm going 4k soon anyways. Projection all the way. But I'm also thinking about moving so I was going to hold off on getting even that because perhaps I can have that home theater after all... Suspiria UHD would be my one and only choice for opening night!

Synapse going UHD is interesting. They were late comers to Blu-ray so for them to be an early indie for UHD is a bit of a gamble. But with Suspiria I'm thinking that'll pay off handsomely.

I'm also suspicious of Blue Underground going UHD. They've been putting out a lot of 4k remasterings lately. If Suspiria can come to UHD then Zombi 2 can too.

Steel76 likes this.
  4. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Great news but not surprising news as I assumed this was the plan all along in spite of them saying otherwise before the BD came out.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

This is down to $36 now on Amazon. Put my order in there. Fingers crossed it dips even lower for my wallet :p

6. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Got a copy pre-ordered from a local cult movie store.
    I'm not the biggest Suspiria fan, but this is going to be some glorious eye candy :D

7. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Suspiria is one of my least-favorite Argento films but I'm still glad it's getting the 4K treatment from a US label. When it comes to 4K upgrades for cult titles I don't have a lot of faith in foreign editions. I guess it comes from buying mediocre 4K titles from overseas, like that Italian 4K release of Dawn of the Dead from a couple of years ago. And the Studiocanal John Carpenter 4Ks were nice but not without their faults.

Horrorphilly likes this.